Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card help

does anyone now if discover, citi bank or Bank of America secure cards show up as secured on your credit report I'm  still deciding witch one to get and witch one will help me in the short run 
also I do wanna get a Alaska airlines credit card once my credit goes up a bit so would it be smart to get a secured BoAc just to build a good report with them ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit card help

@Anonymous wrote:

does anyone now if discover, citi bank or Bank of America secure cards show up as secured on your credit report I'm  still deciding witch one to get and witch one will help me in the short run 
also I do wanna get a Alaska airlines credit card once my credit goes up a bit so would it be smart to get a secured BoAc just to build a good report with them ?

I can only speak for Citi. It does.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a bad thing that it shows up as secured or a good thing ?

Message 3 of 7
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Discover does my sis have the secured one. Don't know about the other two.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it a bad thing that it shows up as secured or a good thing ?

I was approved at Chase for $500 on my FU when my Disco was reporting $600 secured. My scores were in the 730's if my memory serves me. I would tend to consider it a bad thing, though I doubt that lenders consider it too heavily if you don't have any baddies.

Message 5 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Being secured doesn't affect your FICO scores. Lenders can opt to take it into account, though.

Message 6 of 7
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Cap 1 reports as unsecured.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.