Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card suggestions

tag
Zeno
Contributor

credit card suggestions

I only have a car and student loan on my credit report but student loans aren't paid on yet since i am still in college. my car is paid on time and had it since 2015. I applied for a citi cash back card was approved for $1500 and a walmart store card $1100. i want to apply for one more credit card. what is a good one to apply for?

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card suggestions

It depends on what you plan on using it for.  I'd stay away from store cards, especially since you just got one for Walmart.

Think about what you would use the card for the most and consider a card that best matches that type of spend.

Also, a bit about your credit profile and your scores would be helpful as it would give us an idea of what you could possibly get and should possibly avoid at this time.

Message 2 of 30
Zeno
Contributor

i barely have credit the only thing on it is the student that is in deferement and my car loan that is paid on time. i shop at walmart a lot so only applied for it but need just a credit card to be used anywhere instead of a department store card. i got approved last week for the citi and walmart

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on your usage. Sit down and think about where you spend most of your money.

If you eat out a lot, then maybe a card that earns decent points at restaurants. If you order from Amazon a lot, they have some good options for that.

It really just depends on your lifestyle, and where you spend your money. I wouldn't golooking for a card that offers benefits you think you will use later on, I would look for one that fts in with what you are already doing.

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do much traveling op?
Message 5 of 30
Zeno
Contributor

I don't do much traveling. I do shop and eat at restaurants like Golden Corral and go to movie theatre sometimes. I rarely order from amazin only if I can't find an item in my area. I do order online different websites if I can't find something in stores.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe the Marvel Mastercard. It has 3% cashback on dining and select entertainment.

It's probably my favorite card to use, since I mostly spend on dining and movie theathers. Plus, they gave me my highest credit limit.

Message 7 of 30
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Go to Chase Prequal site

Go to Cap1 Prequal site

Go to Amex Prequal site if you are alittle gutzy

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe the Marvel Mastercard. It has 3% cashback on dining and select entertainment.

It's probably my favorite card to use, since I mostly spend on dining and movie theathers. Plus, they gave me my highest credit limit.

I can't justify spending money at movie theaters.  I get it that lots of people can, but it just seems so overpriced to me.  That and my living room setup can smoke any movie theater I've ever been in which I'm sure is part of it as well.  Different strokes for different folks, no doubt! 

Message 9 of 30
joltdude
Senior Contributor

We need a little more info to work with..

Do you have some Fico scores avalible for us?

Since you have had a loan you could try for a free fico from Credit Scorecard... and such?

Id check some prequalify sites....

As someone said

Chase

Amex

Cap One

and see if they give you any offers.. and look through them for something that might work for you

There is the Marvel card but didnt you just get a Sync card... From wallmart

Sync has caused headaches for people around here if you open too many cards too short of a time frame..

If you Marvel the Marvel.. id let your Walmart age a little bit..  Not sure but thought sync was actually denying cards now too close together...

Another option might be discover... but their preapproval is a random number generator... theres some exceptions.. 

but mainly we need to know what your scores are, and whether you have any baddies.. and more details about your credit report..

You can get those free from fako sites... but dont let the numbers and offers on those sites guide you.... all you care about is the physical report.. not their "score"

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.