Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit cards

I have 2 credit cards , one with a 5,000 limit and one with a 15,000 limit. I always paid on time and had no problem . I came into hard times and maxed out both cards and then missed a couple of payments. Both credit cards have raised their interest rate to 27 percent. But now I am making money again. The credit card companies contacted me and said if I close the accounts they will lower the rate and give me 5 years to pay it off. I do not want to do it. I just want to catch up with what I owe. And keep the cards. what do I do. Close the accounts or catch up with my payment and hope in 6 months they will lower back down my interest rate.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: credit cards

I would close the accounts and take the lower rates and when your scores get a little better apply for some new credit with new better terms.
Message 2 of 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: credit cards

ditto.  otherwise you are just giving them buckets full of interest money.  not worth it.  they'll probably cut your credit limits as you pay your balances down anyway.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.