Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit checked while gardening! WAAAH!!! x(

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

credit checked while gardening! WAAAH!!! x(

I recently did an app spree and have been diligently in the garden

I abruptly had to move to a new apartment, and the new landlord required a credit check! 

They liked what they saw, but I didn't! I promptly requested a copy just for my own curiosity, my Transunion score was depressed by 59 points since the last time I saw it in February. Transunion was the only one they pulled too!

Gaaaaahhh!! ARRRRGGHH! I didn't want anyone to see that, thats all. Its not like I was applying for a mortgage or anything with rates. Just a pride thing, and also anticipation of when the next time I can spare more inquiries.

I hate how credit reports have delayed data, the reporting periods are usually ended a month and a half before the present. So I know exactly when my quarterly credit reports reporting period will end, so I pay cards off before that particular time. This out of sync, IN THE GARDEN, credit report just has everything wrong! I bet my quarterly credit report later this month will look much better, except it may include the latest hard pull that my landlord did! X(

My credit utilization to my limits is nearly 5% , but this report had it at 12%! still ridiculously low of course but its just annoying knowing I paid many of those limits completely off, and they were never that high at the exact same time, they just all reported at different times which overlapped a month ago! (although some individual cards have higher utilization ratios, due to their lower limits)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: credit checked while gardening! WAAAH!!! x(

....and that's why we are in the garden , licking out wounds. You know it will rebound and your CS will be even better!
Message 2 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
....and that's why we are in the garden , licking out wounds. You know it will rebound and your CS will be even better!

thanks, yeah my last app spree got me to some ridiculous limits, you can see my signature (although my card bragging is incomplete there), my utilization ratio is going to always be within range, at the current rate of things, so my score should rebound heavily, since it is just a recalculation instead of something incremental (for the most part)

Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The 50+ points is still a kick in the gut! I felt that sting when my spree resulted in a 30+ drop...I'm still reeling from that spiral.
Message 4 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The 50+ points is still a kick in the gut! I felt that sting when my spree resulted in a 30+ drop...I'm still reeling from that spiral.

oh yeah, and Transunion *was* my highest score, so we will see what happens to the other two companies when I get my quarterly credit report later this month

so much for the AMEX 61 day CLI , going to have to go deeper into the garden for another 3 months, let some 2011 inquiries drop off. I'm in the forest right now.

Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm not popping out if the garden until Sept. I'm scuurred. Lol
Message 6 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

nice. 

yeah I guess me too, I won't officially come out till late August early September. The plan then is to increase limits, do a backdoor limit transfer, and close all my cards with 4-digit credit limits.

Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Well, get back in the garden, time will fly.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Im scurrrred of those pesky INQs too!!!! Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.