Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit is now rebuilt please help me pick a card

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: credit rebuilt please help me pick a card

@johnpalley wrote:

improvingmycredit, i know exactly how this works my friend i know theres no way i would start at 25k but if i start at 10k i cant keep asking for increases and hopefully il be at 25k in 3-5 years. i just wanna make sure i have the option to keep goin higher. some cards have a max you know and then you cant go any higher. thanks for the recommendation on the Barclays Financing VISA but im curious is this different from the apple visa? if so whats the differences? also whats the lowest the apr gets on checks written? once again can i use this card for regular purchases at the store?

ok... cool.

Yes the Baclays Financing VISA is the Apple VISA.  It's marketed at the Apple VISA but Barclays refers to it as the Financing VISA.  You can use it like any other VISA anywhere VISA is accepted.  The APR on the financing checks depend on your credit worthiness.  I get checks all the time for 0% interest for 15 months from them.  I think starting out, they will be what ever your APR is at the time of approval.  As time goes on, they get lower and lower in interest as they see how you handle the account.

I have a Apple VISA with a 10K limit and another Barclays MC with a 20K limit and I am positive that if I asked for more, I'd get it so the limits do grow and if your FICO is good enough... pretty quickly.

They have never verified income with me.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 31 of 41
johnpalley
Established Contributor

improvingmycredit im so glad i bumped into you here! this card sounds perfect for me. let me ask you im gonna be getting a second card too are there any other cards like this on the market that il be able to get?

Message 32 of 41
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

improvingmycredit im so glad i bumped into you here! this card sounds perfect for me. let me ask you im gonna be getting a second card too are there any other cards like this on the market that il be able to get?

Honestly... no. Smiley Happy

I think your looking into USAA is a very real option.  They too give good starting CLs but I don't have any experience with them.  I just want to stress... I'm not looking at your credit report and I'm not an underwriter.  Going from what you are stating... I think you would be approved for a Barclay Financing VISA  and probably with a good limit seeing as you have no inqs or new accounts in years along with a 720 FICO and experience with a +5K CL on a major CC.  Keep your utility below 30% and I say go for it.  If you don't get the CL you want, call the backdoor number and speak to an analyst. (Barclays: 866-408-4064 -  Credit Analyst) I think you will do fine with it.  

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 33 of 41
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good Luck and hopes for much successSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 34 of 41
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thats what im talkin about! oh hell yeah trust me when i apply everything with be at 0 trust me lol. damn too bad theres not another one. down the road im gonna start another thread about financing cards to see if someone knows another one. it'l be a while though. if anyone knows another financing card please post. thanks for all your help guys

Message 35 of 41
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thanks myjourney!

Message 36 of 41
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Good Luck  johnpalley!!  Smiley Happy

I hope it works out for you!  

If you are ever just looking for a regular card for everyday use... hit up the forum again.  Your profile would get you some good rewards cards for everyday use.  

Message 37 of 41
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i never use cards but if an emergency comes up i want the highest limit possible got me? for straight up credit limits what would you recommend usaa? maybe citi or a different type of barclays? in my situation of course

Message 38 of 41
johnpalley
Established Contributor

improvingmycredit. i guess this thread isnt over yet sorry guys. i just called apple and they said this barclays finance apple card is only to purchase apple products. im not even gonna make this complicated any more guys lets just focus on the biggest credit limit possible with the lowest apr. the options im getting so far is barclays, usaa, citi, and maybe seeing if chase will give me a seconbd chance. what do you think? im leaning towards citi or usaa

Message 39 of 41
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Who did you speak with?  I didn't buy an apple product when I applied.  

Here is the link to all the Barclay products and also, you can apply online with out purchasing anything... even the Apple VISA.

http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php

They have a long list of cards and you can click on apply with any of them if you want that specific card.  Smiley Happy

When going through the application.. when it ask what the intended purchase amount is... click on 4000+ to get the highest limit possible.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.