Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit one loves me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit one loves me!

ever since i became scoreable, creditOne has been mailing me preapprovals for their platinum card. $39 AF with first year waived and $2k starting limit. today they have sent me a new offer, the same platinum card but no AF, ever ever ever.

what if i take it and just sd the card? it would be util and AAoA padding that would likely never get cancelled from inactivity. they're so desperate to retain customers that they try to bribe you with cash to prevent you from cancelling.

are they still such a horrible card to have if they don't charge any AF? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit one loves me!

@Anonymous wrote:

ever since i became scoreable, creditOne has been mailing me preapprovals for their platinum card. $39 AF with first year waived and $2k starting limit. today they have sent me a new offer, the same platinum card but no AF, ever ever ever.

what if i take it and just sd the card? it would be util and AAoA padding that would likely never get cancelled from inactivity. they're so desperate to retain customers that they try to bribe you with cash to prevent you from cancelling.

are they still such a horrible card to have if they don't charge any AF? Smiley Happy

RuPaul.gif

Message 2 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

NO, NO and did I mention NO.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

usually the money they lend has strings attached, but this way you get to take their money and use it while not giving them any back in swipe fees or annual fees! the predatory lender becomes the prey.

Message 4 of 31
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Please don't do this...

Time for a Wonka Meme...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZD3_ppcPE

Theres plenty of food and eats in the Garden.... Can even put your reports in the freezer.....

-J

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

the situation is very desperate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuN7RvX7R78 

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there's a will, there's a way... Just wait until they start charging card replacement fees, paper statement fees, statement payment fees, phone support fees, membership fees, and inactivity fees every 3.5 days!

Message 7 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what if i take it and just sd the card?

put-your-head-between-your-knees-and-kiss-your-bum-49590872 - Edited.png

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even gamble and I still know the house always wins...

Message 9 of 31
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Why did you apply for a Credit One? Your scores don't need it and you already have some great starter cards with great limits.

Stay away from them. Take it from someone who has had their card for a long time. Much longer than i ever should have.

The only reason i haven't cancelled mine yet, is because i got them to cancel my AF for a few months while i take advantage of the util padding from having an additional 2.5k limit. Once i've added the next two additional cards i'm looking at, over the next 6 months, it's gone. Forever. $2.5k is also their max limit. It will never go any higher. And they charged me a fee everytime i wanted to raise it to get it there. 

Do not get another card from them, and i would cancel the one they just gave you. Chalk up the HP as a lapse in judgement and lack of education in the credit world. Now that you're here, learn and you'll grow your credit profile exponentially as long as you stay on the correct path.

|  
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.