Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit one

tag
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

credit one

how does the pre qual for credit one work?  it says it doesnt affect your credit score but got a response: 

Thank you for your recent request for pre-qualification for a Credit One Bank credit card. Your request was carefully considered and we are unable to provide a credit card offer for you at this time.

is this going to affect my credit score or inquirys?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
spengbab
Regular Contributor

Re: credit one

no. As I understand it all pre-qual offers perform a soft pull. 

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 2 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Thank your lucky stars that you are NOT doing business with Credit One.

Message 3 of 10
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

+1 to both responses.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 4 of 10
spengbab
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I heard from someone earlier that Credit One has no grace period on purchases...

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 5 of 10
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't sound like it will.

Avoid them like the plague. There are much better rebuilders...have you tried Orchard or Capital One? 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalasdon wrote:

how does the pre qual for credit one work?  it says it doesnt affect your credit score but got a response: 

Thank you for your recent request for pre-qualification for a Credit One Bank credit card. Your request was carefully considered and we are unable to provide a credit card offer for you at this time.

Do yourself afavor and get a different CC. Don't pay them interest with no grace period!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
lithium78
Established Contributor

Orchard Bank or Capital One are both much better rebuilder cards.  Credit One will try to trick you into paying interest and fees you shouldn't have to pay.  I would avoid them like the plague.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@dalasdon wrote:

The WORST thing you could have done is accept any kind of offer from Credit One.. Trust me, you we're given a break...a BIG break!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
jaypeedee
New Contributor

I get offers from them all the time.  I read up on Credit One due to the fact that I thought it was a scam.. I thought this because their logo looks strangely close to Capital One's logo.  I thought they were trying to fool people who might mix the two up(maybe they are).  I read complaint after complaint after complaint....and on and on.  As everyone has stated you are lucky they passed you by.  Maybe they thought you were Elizabeth Warren!

Starting Score: 604
Current Score: TU-632!-4/11/12
USAA CCMP:TU592 EQ574 EX592 UPDATED 3/19/12

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.