Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score needed for AAFES?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score needed for AAFES?

How can I find out what the required credit score is in order to get a military star card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit score needed for AAFES?

@Anonymous wrote:

How can I find out what the required credit score is in order to get a military star card?

Call them and ask? I'm not sure if they would tell you over the phone but it's worth trying.

Message 2 of 7
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you have some serious derogs on your report, you will get approved.  You have to remember, they approve almost everyone and the majority are 18 - 22 with a short credit history. 

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Army and Air Force Exchange Service uses a systematic and automated process of granting credit and credit limit increases which is based off of information returned from the credit bureau and custom scoring credit risk models built by Fair Isaac Corporation, the originator of the FICO score and the leader in decision management driven by advanced analytics.The initial granting of credit is solely based on information in the application, that include debt to income ratio and past payment history. Factors such as gender,  race, religion, nationality, marital status are not considered in credit scoring. Lenders using credit scoring, by law, cannot use personal feelings to determine risk. They can only focus on facts related to credit risk.The granting of credit limit increases is based off of customer behavior with the current line of credit they received. Factors such as months since delinquency, maximum delinquency  and months since payment are just a few.At the request of the consumer, applications previously declined, may be manually reviewed and reevaluated for credit. During this review process, the agent may request a credit report from an alternate credit bureau reporting agency and compare information reported by each bureau and the application score calculated by the scorecard process. AAFES is not in the position to determine the validity of the information returned by any credit bureau reporting agency.
Message 4 of 7
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

You would do better getting an account at USAA. I have had my DPP card going on 17 yrs now. It's an ok program. You wont get turned down unless you have low income (low rank) + baddies on your record.

Good luck Smiley Happy

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 5 of 7
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You will pretty much get approved as long as you do not have too many baddies.  My buddy just applied for one and he has little to no credit history, and he got approved for $1900.  When i first applied, I had 0 credit history and started off with $700 limit.  This is my oldest account and since the 2 years I have had it, I have gotten automatic CLI to $5150 and now stands as my highest CL on my cards.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

AAFES wrote:
The Army and Air Force Exchange Service uses a systematic and automated process of granting credit and credit limit increases which is based off of information returned from the credit bureau and custom scoring credit risk models built by Fair Isaac Corporation, the originator of the FICO score and the leader in decision management driven by advanced analytics.The initial granting of credit is solely based on information in the application, that include debt to income ratio and past payment history. Factors such as gender,  race, religion, nationality, marital status are not considered in credit scoring. Lenders using credit scoring, by law, cannot use personal feelings to determine risk. They can only focus on facts related to credit risk.The granting of credit limit increases is based off of customer behavior with the current line of credit they received. Factors such as months since delinquency, maximum delinquency  and months since payment are just a few.At the request of the consumer, applications previously declined, may be manually reviewed and reevaluated for credit. During this review process, the agent may request a credit report from an alternate credit bureau reporting agency and compare information reported by each bureau and the application score calculated by the scorecard process. AAFES is not in the position to determine the validity of the information returned by any credit bureau reporting agency.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You appear to have some sort of official connection with AAFES. We're delighted to have you here, but if you don't mind, would you please send a pm to Barry, the myFICO admin for the boards, and let him know that you're here?

Thanks!
--haulingthescoreup, myFICO forums moderator
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.