Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit unions

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: credit unions

@Anonymous wrote:
My only FICO score I know is Equifax, which is what they pull, at 764. No baddies. Sorry, that's probably not a whole lot of help.

It is, in a sad sort of way! Smiley Tongue thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup, do you have a USAA AmEx? Right now their AmEx Cash Rewards card is giving "5% cash rebate on your first $650 of gas, grocery and dining purchases each month for the first year." It's still limited $32.50 a month back, but it's a lot better than the Discover one. Also, you should know that the cash rebate for USAA is given out yearly, PenFed's is given out monthly, and Discover's is given out only in $20 increments.

Message Edited by CaptainCoconut on 01-19-2008 06:52 AM
Message 12 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
haulingthescoreup, do you have a USAA AmEx? Right now their AmEx Cash Rewards card is giving "5% cash rebate on your first $650 of gas, grocery and dining purchases each month for the first year." It's still limited $32.50 a month back, but it's a lot better than the Discover one. Also, you should know that the cash rebate for USAA is given out yearly, PenFed's is given out monthly, and Discover's is given out only in $20 increments.

Message Edited by CaptainCoconut on 01-19-2008 06:52 AM

I thought that was for new card holders. I'll need to take another look, but both my cards are over a year old now. thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was going to suggest getting one now if you didn't have one already. I figured you probably had both. Good luck with the PenFed anyway. I'll let you know if I see something else out there.
Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Appreciate it! I still have another 2 to 2 1/2 months to wait before app'ing, and I sometimes feel as though I've researched every CC on the planet. Smiley Tongue

I'm still trying to figure out the catch with the Penfed gas card, but I can't get to the T&C without being a member. Now I'm checking out the Citi Driver's Edge, but Citi and I don't exactly have a great love affair going...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.