Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit

tag
shamekapta
Established Member

credit

i checked my cr's and i have no revolving credit accounts,well at least not in good standing i have mostly medical bills o my credit and i was thinking about getting two secured cards would i see a tremendous jump n my score,the only credit  have in good standing is my deferred student loans and my cpayment that is 254 per month, im just trying to do things to help bring my score out of the dumps...another question i have is if u get several pfd's will score increase alot,if that is mainly whats bringing it down/ im just kind of confused on how this fico thing works..can sumone please enlighten me.?Smiley Surprisedoh by the way they are 488 and 517!!

Starting Score: 511 tu,466eq
Current Score: 511,466
Goal Score:700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: credit

@shamekapta wrote:

i checked my cr's and i have no revolving credit accounts,well at least not in good standing i have mostly medical bills o my credit and i was thinking about getting two secured cards would i see a tremendous jump n my score,the only credit  have in good standing is my deferred student loans and my cpayment that is 254 per month, im just trying to do things to help bring my score out of the dumps...another question i have is if u get several pfd's will score increase alot,if that is mainly whats bringing it down/ im just kind of confused on how this fico thing works..can sumone please enlighten me.?Smiley Surprisedoh by the way they are 488 and 517!!

Getting 2 secured cards is a great way to get started building positive credit history.   I think you score will grow rather than jump from this, but the sooner you start the better.   Who did you have in mind for secured cards?    

I will let others comment on cleaning up the bad items on your report. 

Message 2 of 3
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit

The older the negative is the less it hurts your scores, as opposed to one that is within a couple years old. With that being said it would benefit you to still get them PFD because its one less negative things potential creditor see on your reports. Its hard to tell if you will get a huge jump because we don't know how many accounts you're referring to and the ages of them. Some of us might be able to help you out more if you list out the accounts.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.