Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditcards.com credit match

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditcards.com credit match

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the credit card match feature on creditcards.com and if so is it fairly accurate? I. Just used and it matched be to Blue Cash from amex. I just find it hard to believe that I would qualify for that card. I'm just curious what others experiences with this feature were.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: creditcards.com credit match

I'm definitely not a huge fan of that site.

Check the Credit Card Center tab on the top of this page - that's pretty helpful.

And, if you're interesting in the Amex card, you may want to try the Amex pre-approval site.  They're historically pretty accurate.

Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

I used it back in 2008 and got instantly approved for a $5000 BOA card when my credit was shaky. 

Message 3 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the credit card match feature on creditcards.com and if so is it fairly accurate? I. Just used and it matched be to Blue Cash from amex. I just find it hard to believe that I would qualify for that card. I'm just curious what others experiences with this feature were.

If you were looking for a Amex card, Amex pre selector on americanexpress.com is much better. I won't apply for a blue unless Amex pre selector says I am pre selected for blue or atleast 3-4 other amex charge cards.

If all you see in amex pre selector is zync+green, don't apply for blue.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 9
GB44
Contributor

Does anyone happen to have a link for the pre-selector option with American Express? I went to the site but could only find a selection based on types of perks an individual wants, but this isn't based on a soft pull of credit report.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses! I went on to the amex pre qualify site and as expected nothing popped up. I thought the credit match was strange because it had several cap one rebuiler cards as my match and then the premier gold amex, delta sky miles and blue cash. Thta seemed a little sketchy to me. Although I would love the blue cash I don't want to waste an inquiry so I will wait until the amex site has an offer and go for it then.
Message 7 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

All I can say this site can be shaky I went to this site to inquire about cards,  Chase Freedom was one of the cards that came up that I would qualify for I then app'd and I was not approved, I had to then call in for a reconsideration and plead my case, and then I was finally approved, so this site in my opinion you haveto take your chances.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

I personally preferred CC's with Pre-approval on their site, (Am-ex , Discover, Cap 1 etc.). Or Pre-approval , not Pre-qual. offers from the companies themselves.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.