Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*crossing fingers*

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

*crossing fingers*

Now that my former HSBC card has fully converted, I figured I'd hit the EO up again to see about a SP CLI and possible PC to the Quicksilver card. I contacted them eariler this year and they CLI'd me a whole $100 bucks (with a hard pull, no less) and removed the annual fee.

If I can get a decent CLI on it, I won't have to bother applying for anything else, honestly.

Here goes nothing....

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: *crossing fingers*

Message 2 of 8
missjae
Established Contributor

Good luck!  They couldn't convert my card, but did give me rewards, refunded the AF I paid, and I never heard anything about the CLI I requested.

Message 3 of 8
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Just literally 2-3 mins ago got off the phone with the EO about converting my HSBC card to a QS and or a CLI. She submitted for the CLI but told me the transfer was still to new to be able to do PC's on the HSBC cards. She did offer 1% rewards on the card for now though. Maybe 2-3 months I will try again. Keep us updated on what you hear back.

GL!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Fingers crossed and good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Update:

I got a call Friday night from a lovely lady named Rachel. I missed her call and she left a message. I didn't get it until later Friday evening and she'd already left for the day.

Fast forward to my lunch hour today. I gave her a call back and we went over what I was asking for in my email.. She confirmed that a "PC" to the Quicksilver card was not available BUT she would see about other rewards options.

On the CLI, she asked about my annual income and rent expenses, how much I was looking for and if I would accept a lesser amount. She also confirmed that it would be  a soft credit pull.

I should hear back from her by the end of this week but she was saying it could be up to 10 days.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

so far so good...

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 8
codimom
Frequent Contributor

just to save me a minute or 10 searching, what is the quicksilver card?

also, which HSBC card did you have?

The reason i'm asking is this is one of my cards that was sock drawered.  My HSBC was a platinum MC with higher rewards for weekends. when i got my CapOne card, it is a Quicksilver MC.  (which i activated and put in the drawer)

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.