Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

declined for amex blue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

declined for amex blue

I was declined for an Amex Blue card a couple of weeks ago and wanted to know if it would hurt if I applied for an Amex gold or green. 

Fico's

Ex_ 644
Eq_ 630
TU_ 633
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: declined for amex blue

what are your baddies?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a charge-off from Providian in 2001 and I haven't had a late payment on anything in over 4 years.  In the past month I have been on an app spree and I have acquired an additional 14 cc.  But I have never done a BK.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO- Don't bother for 6 months

soutaham2018 wrote:
I had a charge-off from Providian in 2001 and I haven't had a late payment on anything in over 4 years.  In the past month I have been on an app spree and I have acquired an additional 14 cc.  But I have never done a BK.

Message Edited by Timothy on 09-14-2008 03:44 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree and wait till your charge off drops, that should be happening soon.

Timothy wrote:
IMO- Don't bother for 6 months

soutaham2018 wrote:

Message Edited by Timothy on 09-14-2008 03:44 PM

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely too many inquires and new accounts for a new amex revolving credit card right now...

you might get approved for the green if you're lucky, but i think amex in general doesn't like inquiries and new accounts, so you might want to wait a few months at least.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how true this is, but someone on the whogavemecredit website said that the min. score they will approve is a 650...don't quite remember which CRA they use....hope this helps
Message 7 of 8
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

I'd say with 14 new credit cards you should have what you need and can stop apping for at least the next year (or 10 years for that matter). Hopefully of the 14 cards you've recently gotten some will be able to grow with you.

Now, maintain those cards and pay on time; check out the Sleigh center... Smiley Happy

Good luck.
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.