Did you mean: 

decreased, next moves?

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

decreased, next moves?

odd CLD from amex...

Cash Magnet - 12k->9k

i was carrying 6-7k on promo and waiting till my 181d July 3x cli req before payoff but guess it had to come a bit early... paid, phoned, restored.

DP's at time of

EX 719

"AZEO" profile with Cash Magnet at 50% 

BBP $14,318/$2000 (statement always pif, also promo till mid-2021)

Platinum $0

on phone they said it was an automatic "risk detection" process and apologized, (course not without mentioning BBP balance) just sent 8500 to that one right then to keep em content, the magnet i just paid in full and probably will carry balances again after another 3x in july?

idk.. my plan was to req 3x magnet move it to BBP and just carry promo(and beyond) there but then i'd be "wasting" a cards intro period(Magnet), AND my profile will also look like its facing AA due to the nature of AMEX personal/business card reporting.. above 3 are only amex cards i have rn to mess around with

Mostly hope others dont peek and "follow suit".. ahem, Chase.. with a decent amount waiting on being carried for free till next year but not quite yet to not miss or deter even in the slightest my upcoming amex 3x req!! if that July snap fails me it'll be a 3 month wait 😭😭

DECISIONS...

thanks for the read.. appreciate any and all thoughts, advice, and/or insight on my direction/view

32 REPLIES 32
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: decreased, next moves?

I presume the BBP is $20k, not $2k?

The Cash Magnet carrying a significant balance with near minimum payment? No new charges? Not even pay down by $1k, add $800 in charges?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@elixerin  Do you now understand why I used caps yesterday? 

Give me the percentage of honesty you can tolerate, and I'll type. 

Message 3 of 33
elixerin
Established Contributor

@NRB525 BBP is at 2k limit

Magnet i always paid exactly 10x minimum, and there was a couple months with significant charges and payments beyond that in-between, opened Nov

Message 4 of 33
elixerin
Established Contributor

@Remedios kill me😵

Message 5 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@elixerin wrote:

@Remedios kill me😵

🤦‍♀️

You are making Amex very nervous since the day you were approved. 

While age discrimination is prohibited, pooling demographic data to establish the risk per group, is not. 

So, there you are, new kid on the block, reaching for the stars. 

There was significant mixing of business and personal spend, and a large spend at that. 

Amex already fussed several times, so they probably arent the best choice to carry balance on long term, regardless of 0% promo. 

While I frequently fuss about their adaptive algorithm, it typically gets it right. They dont want to drop you as a customer, but at the same time, you got eyes on you. 

You've had more "issues", or I should say, Amex has had more issues with you in 4 months than most people who've had their cards for decades. 

When balance on Freedom ireports , it will be compounding to your issues. There is no field on CR that says "0% promo, customer will pay"

All they will see is escalating balance on  freedom that isnt even two months old. 

You will making it look like you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

Your credit is new. An infant in credit time. You're spending unusual amounts for someone in your age group. You're self employed. 

I dont know is they will approve your CLI, but I doubt very much they will triple it. 

Let's hope I'm wrong, but what do you think will change between today and your request?  

I really think you should approach your credit a bit more cautiously. You've tried credit yolo, it's not working out with Amex, or at least not yet. 

I really doubt most people would get cld when paying $350 on $6000.00, while paying in full on the other account. 

Because you have the money, PIF while building history, not just with them, but other lenders, too. 

I doubt anything will happen with Chase limit, Chase is a different animal altogether, and even they asked for POI.

Again, age group, income, length of history are not in synch. 

I wouldn't use Amex to carry balance at this time. Might seem like a waste of promo, and it is, but again, you need to remember you had multiple denials prior to approval, you've went rounds with them over Platinum, and now they have circled back to Magnet. 

Then, there was that fraud issue, and while I'm not doubting your story, it was a head scratcher and probably made Amex computer reboot itself. 

This isnt common behavior for them, but it's a theme on your profile. 

You need time. Nothing but time will solve your issues. During "the time", you need to be on your best behavior. 

Temper your expectations from Amex. While they love money (which lender doesnt), that love for money will be overridden by "fear" of experiencing the loss or additional thousands in fraud, because that already happened on your account. 

Up to you how you want to proceed.  I'd start acting like I belong in general population, and not in solitary confinement. 

Message 6 of 33
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Just from reading your various stuff it seems like you're just way too hardcore about min/max your credit.  And, you'll probably be able to get away with that in 20 years, but not now, and not with lenders who are already side eyeing you.  Have you thought about just acting like a normal consumer for a year and seeing how it goes?  It'd be like your own version of gardening.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 33
elixerin
Established Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

Just from reading your various stuff it seems like you're just way too hardcore about min/max your credit.  And, you'll probably be able to get away with that in 20 years, but not now, and not with lenders who are already side eyeing you.  Have you thought about just acting like a normal consumer for a year and seeing how it goes?  It'd be like your own version of gardening.

Thanks for the Response, ive thought about it. Last year this time, i was 99.9% debit

Since arriving here and within two years in credit give or take im seeing cash-money back to the tune of $10,000+(We love ya Schwab), 95% from purchases i would have also had to commit last year (gotta keep things running somehow), BUT without a 1-5% forethought.. even now the main premise is to keep things operating and providing value where i can.. Xcept now i can say i can invest or use $10,000 of banks money 🤑 (money i earned spending on what i needed to operate) 

Credit has made business so much easier, less strain on me with grace periods 0 intro and the general excitement from rewards (: 

aint no CashBack Debit beatin that 

😄

Message 8 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@elixerin wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

lol, ive thought about it. Last year this time, i was 99.9% debit.

Since arriving here and within two years in credit give or take im seeing cash-money back to the tune of $10,000+(We love ya Schwab), 95% from purchases i would have also had to commit last year (gotta keep things running somehow), BUT without a 1-5% forethought.. even now the main premise is to keep things operating and providing value where i can.. Xcept now i can say i can invest or use $10,000 of banks money 🤑 (money i earned spending on what i needed to operate) 

Credit has made business so much easier, less strain on me with grace periods 0 intro and the general excitement from rewards (: 

aint no CashBack Debit beatin that 

😄

Ain't no teaching you nuttin' 

Message 9 of 33
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Reading this thread is causing me anxiety!  Smiley Embarassed

You be you.  Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.