cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied cc

tag
jmeaby

denied cc

Hi I am new to this forum but have used myfico for a year. Here is my situation I have cc in my name only with 1200 cl I just paid it off. I also have a card that I'm on under my mom that is near max with a cl of 6500. Paid on time for almost 5 years. I wad denied credit and trying to figure out why I have a 678 Equifax and have never been late on a payment on anything can someone steer me in the right direction of what to do? My moms card will be paid off as she can but its never late.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: denied cc

if that card reports on your credit a maxed or near maxed card will hurt your credit. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. What card did you app for? When you apped for the cc, what was your bal?
Message 3 of 31
jmeaby

On my card it had a 300 bal and that is a citi diamond preferred I applied for the citi simplicity card
Message 4 of 31
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Theres a lot of factors. What did they said was the denial reason? Have you pull your actual reports? When I first started, my report had much of maxed out CC reporting that wasn't mind. I kept getting denial until I correct it.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 5 of 31
jmeaby

Yes and my report is correct only card near max is the one with my mom the other one is now paid off but did have a 300 for a balance I guess I'm surprised as my credit score has gone up no missed payments on anything and my student loan and truck loan I owe less then I did when I got my first cc why deny me this time?
Message 6 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You didn't answer the previous poster. What were the reasons cited in your denial? My guess, it's your utilization. Keep in mind, your Mons maxed out card is taken into account In Reviewing your cr
Message 7 of 31
jmeaby

They would not tell me over the phone. I was told to wait till I got my letter in the mail. I have read that some ppl have called after getting the letter and have gotten them to change there minds. Also discover and capitol one send me stuff all the time should I go with one of them or will they Stoll deny the pre screen approved?
Message 8 of 31
jmeaby

I was on that maxed card when I got my current cc with a cl of 1200 so my revolving credit actually looms better now
Message 9 of 31
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@jmeaby wrote:
They would not tell me over the phone. I was told to wait till I got my letter in the mail. I have read that some ppl have called after getting the letter and have gotten them to change there minds. Also discover and capitol one send me stuff all the time should I go with one of them or will they Stoll deny the pre screen approved?

Yes, some creditors won't tell you over the phone. Wait until you get the letter and you better be able to explain the reasons they denied you. For example, if they said high utilization (most likely in your case), tell them that you're an AU on your mom's account and you don't use it anymore and show them that you always make on time payment on the other account with them. 

For your second question, yes, you're more likely to get approved if they sent you offers, but not guaranty. I said go for the discover because they are trying to recruit new members for their IT card. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.