Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct rewards discover?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

direct rewards discover?

how do you apply for this card? does anyone have the link? do you have to be turned down by discover and then offered this card as an alternative?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: direct rewards discover?

I rec'd the offer in the mail sometime in mid 2006 -- I did not app for a regular discover prior to receiving this offer.  It was approved for 1k - same limit as today.  Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 11
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

My Mom got the offer for this card after a denial from Discover online.  She applied and was approved instantly for 800 cl.  I don't know where it is at now.  But I have searched and can't find an app for it anywhere. Smiley Indifferent

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got this card. Normally when you apply for regular discover and if you are not approved for it then they counter offer this card. I like the card so far. I got an auto CLI after 3 months.
Message 4 of 11
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Exactly, I think it's one of those "offer only" cards.  I've also heard it is a test marketing endeavor and it really doesn't matter what your credit is, if you get the offer, you're approved.  I've read where people with HORRIBLE credit i mean peeps in the low 400's got the offer and the card.  There are people with high scores that have it too, that's what leads me to believe what I said about it being a marketing test.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 11
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, I was definitely sub-600 when I got this card.

Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 11
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

Ditto me. I just got approved today for it. I think I'm right at 600 give or take a couple points. They pulled EQ.
Message 7 of 11
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@jschaffer wrote:
Ditto me. I just got approved today for it. I think I'm right at 600 give or take a couple points. They pulled EQ.

Still app'ing?

There are issuers out there that are closing accounts that were recently opened because the cardholdeder had taken on too many other new accounts post approval. You need to layoff.

Message 8 of 11
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

I admitted early in the other thread that I had already app'ed and received this card. This isn't anything new. I'm planning on chilling out for at least 12 months.
Message 9 of 11
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I have this, got it when I was in the low 600's too and denied by Discover.  Got it with a $500 CL, 3 months later I got a notice that I was granted a CLI to $700.  It's been a year since then so I called to ask for a CLI and they said that they periodically check for them and that customers cannot request them.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.