Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disapproved for the chase hyatt card.

tag
dxz7
Established Member

disapproved for the chase hyatt card.

Hi all! So I applied for the hyatt card about two weeks ago and it sent me an email saying it is on pending and i would be notified in 30 days. So I have called the chase recon three times including just right now, all three times were denied after asking me several questions because of too many inquiries within these past four months. They said wanted to see how I handle these new accounts first before they issue another 5k limit card to me and i will be receiving a letter explaining the reasons.  I recently opened bofa travel rewards for 7k, bofa cash rewards privileges for 10k, macy's card for 1k and also the chase sapphire preffered for 5k within the four months. So should i just wait until later to apply again or call chase recon again after i received the letter from them? and if i do wait should i wait for 3 months or 6 months? Thank you all. 

my credit score report from bofa was dropped from 726 to 714 after i opened these accounts.

my utility is only about 4% overall, but this month since i have to meet the quota for 3k for 40000 for the CSP card, i already used 4k out of my 5k credit limit.

always paid bills on time in full balances expect for this month's bofa privileges

oldest account is bofa world points which is 5 years and 4 months but other than are all less than two years.

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: disapproved for the chase hyatt card.

With Chase, I'd personally just wait. Give it a few months and then Chase will throw cards at you to no end...lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 7
dxz7
Established Member

i guess; sighh really wanted that card especially when my vacation is coming up in october; it would be perfect for me to use up to 10k and get the 2 free nights stay to my account around my vacation starts

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 3 of 7
missjae
Established Contributor

Something similar happened to me.  After Chase approved a 5K Sapphire for me, they denied me for the next card I applied for.  The number one reason was the recent approval.  So I would wait maybe 6 months or so, then reapply.  The inquiries will be at least 6 months old and they'll have some history to look at.

ETA:  Also, I would always apply for the card I want the most first from any given issuer since a second approval is not promised.

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just wait and try again at a much later date if you still want the card ....

FYI Chase logs recon calls so other analyst can see and know how many times you have called

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
dxz7
Established Member

uh oh; so i guess i should just wait then. think all three times were denial is enough -___-

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dxz7 wrote:

uh oh; so i guess i should just wait then. think all three times were denial is enough -___-

I would wait

Use your CSP and show history and I think they will give it to you next time...

Chase like to see history with their accounts and your CSP is still a new account.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.