Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover 1 year anniversary trends

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

discover 1 year anniversary trends

My discover it hits a year old in 2 weeks. What are the trends. How big of a cli has everyone gotten. What do i have to look forward to?

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: discover 1 year anniversary trends

CLIs are not simply handed out after x amount of time (with limited exceptions such as credit steps from capital one). Everyones profile and account history is different. So I dont think we can really establish a broad trend of what happens, if anything, when the account reaches a year. Ive had my discover too long to remember if anything special happened at the year mark or not. My point is that you shouldnt expect anything specific merely because of hitting a year.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my account over a year and only recieved an auto increase at 6 months. I recieved nothing at the 1 year mark and they keep telling me I need more experience with my current limit when I request an increase -____- So yeah time doesnt equal increases lol.

Message 3 of 11
newhis
Valued Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

My discover it hits a year old in 2 weeks. What are the trends. How big of a cli has everyone gotten. What do i have to look forward to?

DW got auto CLI from $500 to $3,000 at 13 months, never another SP CLI, that was 6 months ago. She started with no credit score and Discover Student, score is over 750 now.

I got a SP CLI at 6 months from $1,000 to $2,500, then auto CLI at 12 months to $3,500, nothing else, that was 6 months ago. I started with no credit score regular card.

Message 4 of 11
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

Other than a CLl, you can also ask for an APR reduction after a year. Occasionally they give 0% for 12 months or so.
Message 5 of 11
newhis
Valued Contributor

@kdong1996 wrote:
Other than a CLl, you can also ask for an APR reduction after a year. Occasionally they give 0% for 12 months or so.

+1

My DW got 0% for 12 months. My card qualified for a small reduction.

Message 6 of 11
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

My personal data point: At the one year mark, Discover more than doubled my CL. ymmv

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 11
zerbherb
Established Contributor

that would only be 1500 $ for me. Meh not enough.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 8 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

As with any creditor it's about one's credit profile and income.  You cannot simply assume that what happens to others in X time will happen to you as well unless the others are similar enough to you.  FWIW my CL was doubled at 3 months, bumped by about $5K about a year after that, and recently (almost at the 2 year mark) bumped by about $5K.  YMMV.

@zerbherb wrote:

that would only be 1500 $ for me. Meh not enough.

Everyone does not start out with the same limit either.  Again, it's all about credit profile and income.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing special happened at a year with my Discover, after getting $500 auto-CLIs at 6 months and 9 months, though I did get a $4,500 CLI when I hit the button at 13 months. If you want a CLI, why not request one and see what happens?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.