tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

discover CLI :) Update

first cli without a hard pull Smiley Happy

discover card changes.jpg

awsome! update....

cli discover 8000.jpg

this is the first cli that was offered to me online. this is also the largest cli from discover. in fact, i was be conservative and perhaps asked for a larger credit line.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: discover CLI :)

Just curious, how come your cash line has never increased?  My cash line has always increased as 1/2 of my total CL with Discover.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 22
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice! what was the CL before?

Message 4 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

Just curious, how come your cash line has never increased?  My cash line has always increased as 1/2 of my total CL with Discover.

yes. i know. it went from 300 to 500 a day or two after my first increase last year. it may increase again in a couple of days. i guess it is because i don't ask for cash cli at the time of my request.

you and i are in the same boat; be both have the same goals here. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

credit limit was 2500 at account opening on sept. 24 2010. went to 4000 with hard pull on july 8 2011. today its 5500. so 1500 each time. i also lowered my standard purchase apr today from 18.24 to 16.24. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

bump

Message 7 of 22
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: discover CLI :) Update

I'm so confused, they couldn't approve the full amount but gave you $2,500 CLI anyway?

Message 8 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I'm so confused, they couldn't approve the full amount but gave you $2,500 CLI anyway?

everyone that gets approved gets this message. it is a generic message, knowing that most people will ask for a larger credit limit then they are willing to approve usually. i know its stupid, but thats how they do it. i wanted to be conservative about the limit to ask for, so they approved the whole amount.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.