Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover auto cli

tag
wfen
Established Member

discover auto cli

Just wanted to let everyone know my good news.  I opened my Discover More card in Sept. 2010 and was granted a 1000 credit limit.  I took it as I have been trying to get a Discover card for a long time.   In only 5 months I have had two auto cli's with each time 350.  I am now at 1700.  I have not been using the card frequently, but I have made small charges every month then pif.  How long do most Discover card holders wait before requesting an increase? Any advice is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Wes.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS1
New Contributor

Re: discover auto cli

I was told 6 months by the CSR when my account was opened a couple weeks ago. I have yet to use my card... Guess I need to start showing some activity for possible autoCLI's too!

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wonder how they determine auto cli's. My husband uses his for his business travel,  Has charged over $25k through it since 2009 and no CLI.  Theres always a balance on it because its used every week.

Message 3 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

FWIW I got my last 2 increases at approximately 6 statement cycle intervals, the last one coming in either October or November, however, these CLIs came immediately following a redemption of cashback for a statement credit. We run a lot of money though the card as well.

Message 4 of 10
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

I have had auto CLI in the past from Discover, and they were always when I was using the card more frequently.

I did call yesterday, and got a $2,000 increase ($4300 -> $6300)

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 5 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@avv7c0 wrote:

I have had auto CLI in the past from Discover, and they were always when I was using the card more frequently.

I did call yesterday, and got a $2,000 increase ($4300 -> $6300)

The IVR is how I got started: 5490(original)-->7490(IVR)-->8990(AUTO)-->9890(AUTO)

Message 6 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@wfen wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know my good news.  I opened my Discover More card in Sept. 2010 and was granted a 1000 credit limit.  I took it as I have been trying to get a Discover card for a long time.   In only 5 months I have had two auto cli's with each time 350.  I am now at 1700.  I have not been using the card frequently, but I have made small charges every month then pif.  How long do most Discover card holders wait before requesting an increase? Any advice is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Wes.

I've had the same card also since Sept. 2010. I am still at $3500. No CLI for me. I charge about $100-200 on this card per month and pay it in full.Smiley Mad My other cards are all between $7k and $15k, so this is by far my lowest CL. Hopefully, they remember me when the six month mark comes up.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wonder how they determine auto cli's. My husband uses his for his business travel,  Has charged over $25k through it since 2009 and no CLI.  Theres always a balance on it because its used every week.

I think $25K is maybe a little risky for Discover. Tell him to try American Express Platinum, after using it a few years, he might have a shot of getting a Black card from them. ;-)

Message 8 of 10
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Add me to the list of recent Discover Auto CLIs.

I agree that I think Discover likes activity, as all my Auto CLIs have come during periods I had used it as my sole card for purchases.  As it is right now, I'm charging all my monthly expenses onto the card, and then each month after I've stored away my savings budget and paid the bills I can't put on the card, mortgage, etc. I put the remaining balance of my checking account on the card.

So essentially, I have a balance that I'm paying down, while simultaneously using the card as my daily spender.

Anywho, I just got an email that my limit was increased from $3500 to $5300.  I have never asked for a CLI from Discover, or anybody for that matter.  All of them have been autos.  I believe the account started at $2000 a little over 3 years ago.  I bet I could get even more from them if I asked, but I don't need it.  I have always been the most pleased with Discover, with AMEX coming in second I would say.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Message 9 of 10
MrChairman
Established Contributor

I have had a Discover More since Feb of last yr. I have used the card very frequently as I travel alot. I do keep balances for about 60 days max after that I PIF. I have yet to recieve a CLI. My current limit is 2K. I have also redemmed $50 from the cashback rewards, still no CLI. So I don't know what else to do. I have also tried to call and nada.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.