Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover chat

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover chat

it seems there's only a "message an agent" on discover's chat option now versus the previous chat option where i'd get an agent right away if they're available. Did this change occur awhile back? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: discover chat

@Anonymous wrote:

it seems there's only a "message an agent" on discover's chat option now versus the previous chat option where i'd get an agent right away if they're available. Did this change occur awhile back? 

Yes, not long ago.

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Uh oh, let the Disco bashing beginSmiley Sad

JkSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 13
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Isn't there already a long multipage thread on this topic from earlier this week?

EDIT:  I just found the other thread, and the moderators have locked it.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Isn't there already a long multipage thread on this topic from earlier this week?

EDIT:  I just found the other thread, and the moderators have locked it.

Sorry, I'll try to look for it now. I haven't been active here consistently Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thread was more along of lines on how a member here was upset Disco was slowly culling their benefits, and the live CSR chat was one of them. It got slightly passive agressive though due to differing opinions on how Disco should run their company, so the mods shut it down.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They actually respond pretty quickly this way.  At least that's been my experience with it.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They actually respond pretty quickly this way.  At least that's been my experience with it.

Indeed and it seems to actually open a chat with them. They close it when you say you don’t need any more help. I don’t really mind it. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, chat hasn't worked in about a month as far as I've seen, although it could be longer than that and I just didn't try/notice.  I do find it annoying that they've left the message an agent link there to click, only to receive a "feature not currently available" error message for the last month+.  It looks to me like they eliminated chat. 

For me, that's a big letdown.  I like the instantaneous ability to chat and get an answer to something in minutes, rather than using a message system where hours or days can go by.  This was always my gripe with Chase.  Oh well.  If the biggest bank in America can get away with no chat feature, no doubt Discover can follow suit and do just fine as well.  For me personally though, I don't like this change one bit.  One of the biggest strengths of Discover that always everyone mentions is their great CS relative to the competition.  Eliminating something like chat IMO reduces one of if not their top strengths.

Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Gonna bash them myself, had a confirmed pull payment from Fri eve and a push from another account on Fri eve. Doing this would have guaranteed a 0 balance reporting. These idiots canceled the pull since according to their system they got the push on Sat, never notified me, now I cannot get a 0 reporting as there will be 30 reporting this eve. Now Im going to have to pay 300 to Lowes to keep it from reporting. This card is fast becoming a pain in the you know what to me even though I just got a year at 0% for purchases. Have a preapproved BoA mail app here for 15 months 0% its looking quite inviting.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.