Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute on amex card

tag
Cstl05
Contributor

dispute on amex card

Hey guys,

I have a dispute with a company that has not refunded my charges since I returned their product, so I decided to file a dispute agains them with Amex.  Does this look bad when Amex looks at me as a customer?  Are there any negatives to doing this?

Thanks! 

Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
alph4
Regular Contributor

Re: dispute on amex card

I'm assuming you went through the company's return process correctly, and have given them notification and enough time to properly respond to your request to return your money.

If this is the case, it shouldn't look bad for you as the customer. It's called a chargeback in most cases, and it looks bad for the merchant.  Typically American Express is excellent when it comes to disputing charges, in the event of return, theft of card, etc.

Good luck. 

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 2 of 3
Cstl05
Contributor

Re: dispute on amex card

Yeah, I did everything by the book, the company seems shady, and now 2 weeks after I shouldve gotten a refund I haven't so I decided to dispute it.
Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.