cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have the BOA amex that's clear?

tag
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

does anyone have the BOA amex that's clear?

I know this is picky but I got my cards yesterday and they're an ugly white color =(

One reason I wanted one too is because they were clear!!! And looked cool!! No one wants to carry and ugly card in their wallet right? Lets be honest folks! hahaha

Well anyway can anyone tell me if they have it and when they got their card. Maybe I can call and ask for it. Or possibly ask for Photo Expressions on it. Either way I don't like this thing and am more disappointed that I didn't know about the Accelerated Rewards card before I switched to this one. At least that one was black.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does anyone have the BOA amex that's clear?

mekmek86 wrote:
I know this is picky but I got my cards yesterday and they're an ugly white color =(

One reason I wanted one too is because they were clear!!! And looked cool!! No one wants to carry and ugly card in their wallet right? Lets be honest folks! hahaha

Well anyway can anyone tell me if they have it and when they got their card. Maybe I can call and ask for it. Or possibly ask for Photo Expressions on it. Either way I don't like this thing and am more disappointed that I didn't know about the Accelerated Rewards card before I switched to this one. At least that one was black.

Yeah, that's kind of strange.  Mine is clear.  It's a sharp-looking card!

I applied for mine on April 9.  Received my card less than a week ago.

My only complaint is that since it's clear, the white signature panel on the back shows through the front, and I can see my signature in reverse by looking at the front of the card.  I don't really care about my signature showing, but it detracts from the card's appearance!

Message 2 of 24
jp_dlp
Contributor

Yup, I got mine the same thing.. I'm also wondering why they didn't put the photo expression feature on my card thinking I already have that for my world points and debit cards. Maybe one should ask for it but they've sent me 6 new cards already for this month.. replacement from non photo of my debit cards, replacement of my lost visa plat, and now the world points. I wonder how they'll react if I ask for another replacement with my amex ..
Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is clear too.  Received it in March.
Message 4 of 24
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, that's kind of strange. Mine is clear. It's a sharp-looking card!

I applied for mine on April 9. Received my card less than a week ago.

My only complaint is that since it's clear, the white signature panel on the back shows through the front, and I can see my signature in reverse by looking at the front of the card. I don't really care about my signature showing, but it detracts from the card's appearance!

Thanks for responding, yeah I don't know I applied for the switch back on April 4 and FINALLY received my card Monday after calling a million times and asking when it was coming. I was finally told that a request was put in to have my card switched over last Friday. WTF I was waiting weeks and they're just now doing it? It seems like they didn't bother to do the switch until my statement was closed on my Visa, which I could have just been told a while ago so I could stop thinking about it.

Anyway, yes this thing is hideous and I really wanted the clear card. I tried sending a message through my account online hoping it'd get forwarded to someone or something. People on the phone just say no. I'll be honest if I were them I'd say no too just because it almost seems like a ridiculous concern.........Still sucks.
Message 5 of 24
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

So I just tried calling again to see what they'd say, I'm not quite sure if the rep understood what I meant about the card not being clear. I think she thought I meant blurry. So I asked her if she could put a note on the card to make sure its the clear 'version' of the card and she said she'd put that on there and we'll see what happens when they send the replacement. That's pretty much all that's stopping me from using the card LOL. Because it's either that one or my Amex Blue once it gets here but I'm so afraid of an FR that I'd rather just use my BoA Amex. It seems like they both have the same benefits, I'm just not sure if the extended warranties and damaged item replacements are handle by the same company that does it for Amex.

Return protection was missing too from the BoA Amex.
Message 6 of 24
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

I have the same ugly white card like yours - let me know if you get the card you want and then advise me and I will follow suit. Thanks! Smiley Very Happy
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 7 of 24
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

Give them a call and see what happens. Maybe if people harass them they'll do it lol......

I did read something about clear cards and ATMs not playing well together, maybe that's why they changed it.

Anyway, I guess they placed an second order for cards on accident because I received a duplicate set today also.....those are white too.....So hopefully they get it right after talking to the rep.

But see what you can find out too? I'm going to ask about photo expressions also.
Message 8 of 24
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Clear here.. and I'm glad.  I don't want a vanilla card!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 9 of 24
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

Ugh, I'm so upset, it seems like if I'd gotten my card two weeks ago I'd have been fine -_-
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.