cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

@serenity72 wrote:
ty the only reason im thinking of cap one is for there fertility healthcare loan. I am not sure what score you need for them for a loan or a card, but I want to get my foot in the door with them so if I cant get approved for the fertility care right now I could maybee work up to it with a card through them. My experian score is 527, eq 498, and transion 478

Have you tried to repair your credit before applying for loans and credit cards?
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

If you can possibly get another card, other than CAP1, I would advise it.. Unless you want a card that is darn near impossible to get a CLI. I have three I got way back when, that I will be cancelling when the annual fees are due again next year. maybe sooner. Just paranoid about closing cards.
Message 12 of 13
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I have to agree. Capital was the first card I applied for when I was 18, it was my mother's suggestion, and they are very difficult. I've always paid my bill in full, never missed a paymemt or paid late, yet when I tried to increase my credit limit one time, I was automatically denied. They did increase later on, but most card companies would have increased my CL.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.