cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know what is going to happen to the hsbc cards and orchard bank cards

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

does anyone know what is going to happen to the hsbc cards and orchard bank cards

i heard they were shutting down the us credit cards i have two accounts with them one both 8000 credit lines no af and 2 percent cash back usually these are rebuilding cards but these are two of my best cards .  Do you think somone will buy them out or they just going to be gone completely.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: does anyone know what is going to happen to the hsbc cards and orchard bank cards

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

i heard they were shutting down the us credit cards i have two accounts with them one both 8000 credit lines no af and 2 percent cash back usually these are rebuilding cards but these are two of my best cards .  Do you think somone will buy them out or they just going to be gone completely.

I've seen it in the news that Cap One is going to bid for the portfolio.  Just have to see if anybody else steps up to the plate and if the price bid is what HSBC is looking for. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 4
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: does anyone know what is going to happen to the hsbc cards and orchard bank cards

Capital One made a bid on the business. Haven't heard if that has gone anywhere.

1 min late lol
Message 3 of 4
daylove
Regular Contributor

@minimock wrote:
Capital One made a bid on the business. Haven't heard if that has gone anywhere.

1 min late lol

I read that they might not interested in 100% of the card portfolio..I guess the most risky customers might see their accounts closed..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.