cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does navy fed take electronic ACH payments

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: does navy fed take electronic ACH payments


@JNA1 wrote:

IDK what it is with local my bank, but no what matter I try, it always sends a check that can take up to two weeks (if falls right) to show up on my NFCU. I can push ACHs to other FIs with no issue. Of course, all of my other CUs have the option to transfer it from external account on their apps, and that's even easily. I'm not sure why NFCU does offer that?  It's not a big deal for me because NFCU savings accounts don't earn much anyway, so I don't really have much money in their savings account. 

 

I do love pretty much everything else about NFCU though! 


Thats a bummer. when i first set up my nfcu accounts i went to my local bank account page and clicked on external transfers and then clicked set up account to send to. i entered my nfcu checking account number and then my bank sent 2 very small deposits to nfcu, i think 42 cents and 36 cents, then my bank emailed me a few days later and had me verify the exact amounts they deposited in my nfcu checking. once i verified the amounts they established my nfcu checking as an external transfer account and took their 2 small deposits back. i can tranfer either way , my bank to nfcu or nfcu to my bank

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 11 of 15
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: does navy fed take electronic ACH payments


@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

IDK what it is with local my bank, but no what matter I try, it always sends a check that can take up to two weeks (if falls right) to show up on my NFCU. I can push ACHs to other FIs with no issue. Of course, all of my other CUs have the option to transfer it from external account on their apps, and that's even easily. I'm not sure why NFCU does offer that?  It's not a big deal for me because NFCU savings accounts don't earn much anyway, so I don't really have much money in their savings account. 

 

I do love pretty much everything else about NFCU though! 


Thats a bummer. when i first set up my nfcu accounts i went to my local bank account page and clicked on external transfers and then clicked set up account to send to. i entered my nfcu checking account number and then my bank sent 2 very small deposits to nfcu, i think 42 cents and 36 cents, then my bank emailed me a few days later and had me verify the exact amounts they deposited in my nfcu checking. once i verified the amounts they established my nfcu checking as an external transfer account and took their 2 small deposits back. i can tranfer either way , my bank to nfcu or nfcu to my bank


Yeah, I did that too. I can make payments on my cards, but I cannot make an external transfer from my bank to make a deposit in the checking or savings account. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018


Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $608,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 5/31/24- $21,590.43
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 12 of 15
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: does navy fed take electronic ACH payments

I also did the same thing with penfed. but i only have a savings at penfed. try calling your bank during the week and let them know you cant external trnsfer to your nfcu acct. i also set up my chase bank checking with external transfers the same way so its fairly routine with different banks, anyway, good luck.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 13 of 15
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

Re: does navy fed take electronic ACH payments


@JNA1 wrote:


Yeah, I did that too. I can make payments on my cards, but I cannot make an external transfer from my bank to make a deposit in the checking or savings account. 

NFCU wouldn't let me set up ACH transfers to my NFCU savings account, but I did to my checking account.

Message 14 of 15
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: does navy fed take electronic ACH payments


@frugal47374 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:


Yeah, I did that too. I can make payments on my cards, but I cannot make an external transfer from my bank to make a deposit in the checking or savings account. 

NFCU wouldn't let me set up ACH transfers to my NFCU savings account, but I did to my checking account.


I was going to say that could be the problem. i think when i joined nfcu i only had a savings account and deposit options were few, maybe the op only has a savings acct.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.