Did you mean: 

dont understand how credit workz =(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont understand how credit workz =(

hello..

IM 26 YRS OLD AND I STILL DONT HAVE A CLUE ON HOW CREDIT WORKS =(

PREVIOUSLY I HAD A BANK OF AMERICA CREDIT CARD ABOUT 4 YRS AGO WITH A $500.00CREDIT LIMIT!! WHICH DOES NOTHING!! SO OF COURSE I STOP PAYING IT AND NOW I HAVE A CHARGE OFF ON MY CREDIT REPORT WITH OTHER COLLECTIONS PAID FROM MEDICAL TO CELLPHONE!!

I JUST LOOKED UP AT MY EXPERIAN SCORE AND ITS A 648...

BUT I STILL HAVE ALL THOSE COLLECTIONS AND THE CHARGE OFF ON MY CREDIT REPORT!!

IM TRYING TO DISPUTE MY PAID COLLECTIONS BUT IM STILL WAITING!!

NOW MY QUESTion is ive applied for every single type of credit card discover,amex,capital one and i keep getting declined!!!  my mom recently co-signed me for CHASE but i mean i want to have my own credit card!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO???

I HAVE SEVERAL STORE CREDIT CARDS

MACYS

TARGET

VICTORIA SECRET

thank you!!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dont understand how credit workz =(

@Anonymous wrote:

hello..

PREVIOUSLY I HAD A BANK OF AMERICA CREDIT CARD ABOUT 4 YRS AGO WITH A $500.00CREDIT LIMIT!! WHICH DOES NOTHING!! SO OF COURSE I STOP PAYING IT AND NOW I HAVE A CHARGE OFF ON MY CREDIT REPORT WITH OTHER COLLECTIONS PAID FROM MEDICAL TO CELLPHONE!!

NOW MY QUESTion is ive applied for every single type of credit card discover,amex,capital one and i keep getting declined!!!  my mom recently co-signed me for CHASE but i mean i want to have my own credit card!!

MACYS

TARGET

VICTORIA SECRET

thank you!!!

Begin by reading the links in my sig line and other forum "stickies" that will educate you on the fundamentals of credit.

However, I would advise against future decisions to stop paying because you didn't like the CL.  You can't get a big CL if you don't take care of the little CL.  It is a process which depends on your past behavior.

Hopefully you feel differently about credit now than you did 4 years ago.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i do nowww!! thats why i want to find out how im i going to be able to get approved with my credit history??
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you're ready to start dealing with each of the derogatory marks on your credit reports, you can post the information about those in the Rebuilding Credit board (where your other thread got locked).

Basically, you need your good history to outweigh your bad history.  And it sounds like you can't yet get new good history.  So it's time to try to clean up the old bad history.

First, paid collections report for 7 years after the DOFD of the original account.  If you don't know the abbreviations yet, check the stickied threads at the top of the Rebuilding board.

You should only dispute things that are actually incorrect.  Keep paying your current cards on time every time.  We're here when you're ready.

Message 4 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

hello..

MACYS

TARGET

VICTORIA SECRET

thank you!!!

I’ve learned  from these forums that no one can get their Experian score since mid-February. You can only get it through a lender or if you are a member of a certain CU in Pennsylvania. Wherever you got that score of 648 it is not a true FICO score.

You can buy your Transunion and Equifax FICO’s from this site. First do a search on any search engine for “myfico discount codes” for a small savings. Every little bit helps you know. You can also buy the Transunion score at www.transunioncs.co. (Note the -cs in the address) and the Equifax score at www.equifax.com. These numbers will give you a better idea of where you stand credit score wise.

When did you last look at all three credit reports? You can get all them free once a year at www.annualcreditreport.com. Compare all the entries on all reports for accuracy. If you feel you have a legitimate dispute keep at it. I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

Ironically one thing that can hurt anyone is applying for too much credit. Too many inquiries in a short period of time is a red flag to lenders. Talk to a local credit union. Open up a checking and/or savings account. Ask them how to go about getting a secured credit card. The limit might be low at first but it’s a start.

In many cases (mine included) time is the only thing that will improve your situation. There is seldom a quick fix. Read all the advice and comments on these forums and you will learn much.

Good luck to you. Most if not all of us here have had problems with credit. You are NOT alone.

Message 5 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Bad address. Sorry. My typing is not good. LOL. The correct address for the Transunion score is www.transunioncs.com. I left out the "m" in com.
Message 6 of 13
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. CHANGE ATTITUDE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT $500 BOA CARD WAS SUPPOSED TO DO BUT THERE IS NO REASON TO STOP PAYING YOUR LEGIT DEBT.

2. SEE #1

@Anonymous wrote:

hello..

MACYS

TARGET

VICTORIA SECRET

thank you!!!

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

(OP's post was removed.)

OP, that was actually a very useful comment. We're glad to have you on the boards, but please do realize that some of your feedback is going to involve "tough love."

Simply walking away from CC debt is terrible for your scores and for your credit reports. That's not even considering the ethical issues.

If you want to understand credit, you've come to the right place.

If you want to insult those who are trying to help, I don't think that you're going to be very happy here.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

RIGHTTTTT!!! Ull be ok!!!
Message 9 of 13
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Check out CB, you'll be mod over there in no time.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.