Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop date on cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

drop date on cards

Okay, I just want to make sure I have this right:

I know I need to let my cards report a small balance when the statement drops, but pay it off before I get charged interest.

My statement period ends on the 6th. The payment is due on the last day of the month.

So I should PIF after the 6th but before the last day, correct? Or is it the other way around?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: drop date on cards

pjxf99 wrote:
Okay, I just want to make sure I have this right:

I know I need to let my cards report a small balance when the statement drops, but pay it off before I get charged interest.

Yes, but only let less than half of your total open accounts report a balance.

My statement period ends on the 6th. The payment is due on the last day of the month.

So I should PIF after the 6th but before the last day, correct? Or is it the other way around?

Pay sometime between the 6th and the 25th to be safe.  Other answers may vary.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Half of my accounts, or half my total credit limit? I'm asking because I only have 2 cards at the moment.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

pjxf99 wrote:
Half of my accounts, or half my total credit limit? I'm asking because I only have 2 cards at the moment.

Half of your total open accounts. Not the credit limit as that would be a real mess with 50% used!
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So let one card report a small balance, and have the other report $0.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.