Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duck car declined...with 730ish score

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: duck car declined...with 730ish score

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
I have 730ish fico. Clean history, no negative at all. 2 inquiries in jan, both credit application. 2 inquiries in oct, one for secured card guaduation and one for its cli.

I have thin file, this might be the reason.

I'm the lucky few to get denied...lol.. I will recon, but what's the point if they gave me 1-2k credit line after recon.

Your AAoa is under 1 yr and you have 2 inq in Oct, so they might be skittish that you're getting a lot of CR at once. Don't know. We have no idea what their criteria and algorithms are.

If you only have 2 CCs under 1 yr, that might not be enough history for them. All we can do is speculate. Since their approvals are manually done by an underwriter, I sincerely doubt a "recon" would do any good with them.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 31 of 38
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

Oldest is 10 months...lol.

1. Us bank 4k secured
2. Boa 4k just unsecured, and cli to 12k.

And few more new approvals.. don't show on my cr yet. Probably my cr only show us bank 4k and boa 4k on the application.

After years of spending cash, I wanna build some credit
Message 32 of 38
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

OH NO... I just double checked my alerts, the boa unsecured and cli are on TU...not on eq. So, my eq basically have 2 inquiries in Jan, and one inquiry for duck card.

The 2 boa inquiries on TU may mess up my applications with ge and barclay, which I plan to apply tonight.
Message 33 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ooopsie
Message 34 of 38
TrishN
Established Contributor

Barclay card? i don't really know,people said they are inquiries sensitive,but i have 2x inquiries in 1 year,around 8 inquiries in 3 months.couple new account in 3 months, i still got instant approved from barclay

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 35 of 38
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
Oldest is 10 months...lol.

1. Us bank 4k secured
2. Boa 4k just unsecured, and cli to 12k.

And few more new approvals.. don't show on my cr yet. Probably my cr only show us bank 4k and boa 4k on the application.

Is that reporting yet?

I could see why a manual UW might get a biit leery over two secured cards (assuming that's what they saw).  Maybe you should try again in a few months, if you're willing to take another HP at that point.  

(edited for typo)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 36 of 38
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

Will not apply again if I fail the recon.

I still have car loan to apply and few more cards for this app spree. At this moment, not so sure if I should apply for more credit cards since I dont really need credit now. I just got addicted to credit game.

But, if I put everything thru now, i will probably be golden after 6 months or a year.
Message 37 of 38
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
I have 730ish fico. Clean history, no negative at all. 2 inquiries in jan, both credit application. 2 inquiries in oct, one for secured card guaduation and one for its cli.

I have thin file, this might be the reason.

I'm the lucky few to get denied...lol.. I will recon, but what's the point if they gave me 1-2k credit line after recon.

Your AAoa is under 1 yr and you have 2 inq in Oct, so they might be skittish that you're getting a lot of CR at once. Don't know. We have no idea what their criteria and algorithms are.

If you only have 2 CCs under 1 yr, that might not be enough history for them. All we can do is speculate. Since their approvals are manually done by an underwriter, I sincerely doubt a "recon" would do any good with them.

Remember that your FICO is dangerously deceptive when you have a thin file. Substance in the file is much more important than the score alone. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.