cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

Is it just me or are banks getting out of control with the credit crunch.
You carry high balance and you pay min. you run the risk of rate jack and cld
you pay large amounts and you run the risk of extended hold times and account freezes to make sure your money is good, even though the funds are coming electronically!

ebay not only is holding my $1000 payment from LAST WEEK, but they $0 available credit for ANY charges to be approved at this time.
to top it off, ebay Mastercard is GE backed and there call center is in India (atleast not us!)

they are the ones that said they would not approve a cli becuase i had not shown enough experience with current cl, that's funny because I have a 2k limit and put $3200 through it last month alone and currently has a balance of $0 (how is that not showing experience) account is almost year old too.
total charges to date ($9300) 1 increase from 1500-2k after originally declining the increase.

starting to question if the rewards are nearly as good as my amex for my ebay purchases.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

I'm not a fan of GEMB for these very reasons. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

Yep- no open GEMB account in my household either.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm not a fan of GEMB for these very reasons. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.