Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebates credit card not rebranded..

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

ebates credit card not rebranded..

Just got my renewal Ebates visa.   Was expecting them to have rebranded to Rakuten like the site, but maybe Sync still had a lot of old plastic!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: ebates credit card not rebranded..

RACK-uh-ten !

Now Where's my prize?Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
RACK-uh-ten !

@AverageJoesCredit Just when I thought "Bonvoy" rebranding was bad.    "RACK-uh-ten" sounds like something my grandpa would shout out when he's so pissed that he can't think of another swear word fast enough.  

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, that would be funny to hearSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Ebates was a good name and made it clear what the service was. Rakuten just sounds weird to me. Don't see why there was a need to change it.

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

Ebates was a good name and made it clear what the service was. Rakuten just sounds weird to me. Don't see why there was a need to change it.

Corporate recognition.

Message 6 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

While ebates is a clear name, it's still only 5% of the Rakuten workforce. Not many here may know the name, but it's a huge Japanese company and maybe they want to expand more into the US.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 10
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:
While ebates is a clear name, it's still only 5% of the Rakuten workforce. Not many here may know the name, but it's a huge Japanese company and maybe they want to expand more into the US.

Yep, Rakuten is spreading the word globally, including a key prized sponsorship of FC Barcelona, a club that famously refused to enter into sponsorship partnerships of any kind until very recently.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 8 of 10
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
RACK-uh-ten !

@AverageJoesCredit Just when I thought "Bonvoy" rebranding was bad.    "RACK-uh-ten" sounds like something my grandpa would shout out when he's so pissed that he can't think of another swear word fast enough.  

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

Who cares, just give me my MR rewards.....They can call themselves anything they want.

Amex is the reason I use them.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.