cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebates credit card not rebranded..

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Mega Contributor

ebates credit card not rebranded..

Just got my renewal Ebates visa.   Was expecting them to have rebranded to Rakuten like the site, but maybe Sync still had a lot of old plastic!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: ebates credit card not rebranded..

RACK-uh-ten !

Now Where's my prize?Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
RACK-uh-ten !

@AverageJoesCredit Just when I thought "Bonvoy" rebranding was bad.    "RACK-uh-ten" sounds like something my grandpa would shout out when he's so pissed that he can't think of another swear word fast enough.  

Message 3 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol, that would be funny to hearSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Super Contributor

Ebates was a good name and made it clear what the service was. Rakuten just sounds weird to me. Don't see why there was a need to change it.

Message 5 of 10

@kdm31091 wrote:

Ebates was a good name and made it clear what the service was. Rakuten just sounds weird to me. Don't see why there was a need to change it.

Corporate recognition.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 6 of 10
Senior Contributor

While ebates is a clear name, it's still only 5% of the Rakuten workforce. Not many here may know the name, but it's a huge Japanese company and maybe they want to expand more into the US.
Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, Costco, ED, Arrival, Double Cash
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum, Aviator Red
Bonus chasing / retention games: Savor, BCP
Message 7 of 10
Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:
While ebates is a clear name, it's still only 5% of the Rakuten workforce. Not many here may know the name, but it's a huge Japanese company and maybe they want to expand more into the US.

Yep, Rakuten is spreading the word globally, including a key prized sponsorship of FC Barcelona, a club that famously refused to enter into sponsorship partnerships of any kind until very recently.

NFCU CashRewards 19.1k, IKEA Projekt 19k, BECU Cash Back Visa 15k, NFCU More Rewards 14.5k, Wayfair 13k, NFCU Plat 11.8k, AmEx BCP 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, Overstock 9k, Citi DC 8k, BBVA Compass CP 7.5k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, Kay Jewelers 4.5k, PayPal 2% 4k, PayPal Credit 3.5k, AmEx ED 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, Disco it Miles 2.5k, Disco it 2.4k, J.Crew 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 Plat 1.75k, WF Cash Wise 1.5k, Amazon.com Store 1.5k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k, AmEx Gold Delta 1k
Message 8 of 10
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
RACK-uh-ten !

@AverageJoesCredit Just when I thought "Bonvoy" rebranding was bad.    "RACK-uh-ten" sounds like something my grandpa would shout out when he's so pissed that he can't think of another swear word fast enough.  

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($8K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Discover ($20.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($10K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($65K), Paypal credit ($6.5K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K)
Message 9 of 10
Valued Contributor

Who cares, just give me my MR rewards.....They can call themselves anything they want.

Amex is the reason I use them.
MR | UR | Sky Miles | AA Miles | Hilton
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.