cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebates credit card not rebranded..

Highlighted
Mega Contributor

ebates credit card not rebranded..

Just got my renewal Ebates visa.   Was expecting them to have rebranded to Rakuten like the site, but maybe Sync still had a lot of old plastic!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: ebates credit card not rebranded..

RACK-uh-ten !

Now Where's my prize?Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
RACK-uh-ten !

@AverageJoesCredit Just when I thought "Bonvoy" rebranding was bad.    "RACK-uh-ten" sounds like something my grandpa would shout out when he's so pissed that he can't think of another swear word fast enough.  

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Lol, that would be funny to hearSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Ebates was a good name and made it clear what the service was. Rakuten just sounds weird to me. Don't see why there was a need to change it.

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted

@kdm31091 wrote:

Ebates was a good name and made it clear what the service was. Rakuten just sounds weird to me. Don't see why there was a need to change it.

Corporate recognition.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

While ebates is a clear name, it's still only 5% of the Rakuten workforce. Not many here may know the name, but it's a huge Japanese company and maybe they want to expand more into the US.
Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, Freedom x 2, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCP, EDP
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:
While ebates is a clear name, it's still only 5% of the Rakuten workforce. Not many here may know the name, but it's a huge Japanese company and maybe they want to expand more into the US.

Yep, Rakuten is spreading the word globally, including a key prized sponsorship of FC Barcelona, a club that famously refused to enter into sponsorship partnerships of any kind until very recently.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, IKEA Projekt 25k, NFCU CashRewards 20k, Wayfair 17.5k, NFCU More Rewards 16.7k, PNC Core 15k, NFCU Plat 12.3k, Overstock.com 12k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Lowe's 12k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PNC Cash Rewards 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, Citi DC 9.5k, BBVA Clear Points 7.5k, PayPal 2% 7k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, Amazon Store 5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, PayPal Credit 3.5k, J.Crew 3.5k, Macy's 3k, Disco it 2.9k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, Disco it Miles 2.5k, WF Cash Wise 1.9k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 Plat 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
RACK-uh-ten !

@AverageJoesCredit Just when I thought "Bonvoy" rebranding was bad.    "RACK-uh-ten" sounds like something my grandpa would shout out when he's so pissed that he can't think of another swear word fast enough.  

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($24K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($22.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K), PenFed PCR ($3500), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K)
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Who cares, just give me my MR rewards.....They can call themselves anything they want.

Amex is the reason I use them.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | Amex Hilton | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.