Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebates

tag
corradovr6
Contributor

ebates

does anyone know if ebates would stack with discover or would "cannot be combined with other offers come into play"

discover-$27,400 freedom vs-$7,000 credit union-$8,200 Blispay-$I make more money than them Tran-785 Exp-784 Equ-797
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: ebates

@corradovr6 wrote:
does anyone know if ebates would stack with discover or would "cannot be combined with other offers come into play"

If you're talking about stacking the Ebates portal with Discover Deals (via Discover portal) the answer is no... only one portal will work at a time.  Smiley Sad

On the other hand, if you're just referring to the standard 5% quarterly Discover cash back, that does stack... I have used that myself successfully with Ebates.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
corradovr6
Contributor

yea sorry i didn't specify. say discover department stores this quarter through ebates portal or linking my card to ebates then using discover in store.

discover-$27,400 freedom vs-$7,000 credit union-$8,200 Blispay-$I make more money than them Tran-785 Exp-784 Equ-797
Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@corradovr6 wrote:
yea sorry i didn't specify. say discover department stores this quarter through ebates portal or linking my card to ebates then using discover in store.

Yep, that should work just fine... I actually bought myself some new t-shirts from macys.com and I got the Ebates cash back credited just a few days later (faster than usual, which is odd for this time of year).  I've not got my Discover statement, of course, but the Discover cash back for department stores always works like clockwork so I'm not worried about that (if anything, it's the Ebates cash back you have to keep an eye on.)

As for in-store purchases, when I went to link my card to Ebates for in-store purchases it would only take Visa and Amex; I was disappointed to find Discover wasn't an option.  I ended up linking my BCP since 3% plus the Ebates cash back is still more than the 5% Discover cash back, but it would have been nice to have been able to link Discover to maximize the deal.  I'm hoping this will eventually change and that Discover (and MasterCard) will be able to be linked for in-store deals as well.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

Yep, that should work just fine... I actually bought myself some new t-shirts from macys.com and I got the Ebates cash back credited just a few days later (faster than usual, which is odd for this time of year).  I've not got my Discover statement, of course, but the Discover cash back for department stores always works like clockwork so I'm not worried about that (if anything, it's the Ebates cash back you have to keep an eye on.)

As for in-store purchases, when I went to link my card to Ebates for in-store purchases it would only take Visa and Amex; I was disappointed to find Discover wasn't an option.  I ended up linking my BCP since 3% plus the Ebates cash back is still more than the 5% Discover cash back, but it would have been nice to have been able to link Discover to maximize the deal.  I'm hoping this will eventually change and that Discover (and MasterCard) will be able to be linked for in-store deals as well.

UncleB, you may want to consider this,  if you transfer some of your MR points to Plenti, you get a 50% bonus, and pair that with the retailmenot $20 paypal cash back after spending $50 (can even be in plenti points), it can be pretty awesome and in this case a higher return than what ebates is offering!  You can do one deal every day!  Even works if you have some macys cash.

Message 5 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

UncleB, you may want to consider this,  if you transfer some of your MR points to Plenti, you get a 50% bonus, and pair that with the retailmenot $20 paypal cash back after spending $50 (can even be in plenti points), it can be pretty awesome and in this case a higher return than what ebates is offering!  You can do one deal every day!  Even works if you have some macys cash.

Wow... that sounds like it could be really lucrative - and you know how much I like to get a good deal!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks once again for bringing something to my attention I otherwise would have never thought of!  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Black Friday I made an absolute killing in cash back with ebates + 5% discover for department stores (wish I could have stacked discover deals, but ebates was better at the time anyway).

I had to buy myself a toy from Kohls and ended up netting 50% cash back (10% ebates, 5% discover, 5% Yes2You Rewards, $15 for every $50 spend in Kohl's Cash (so 30% back) ) -- just used the Kohl's Cash and Yes2You Rewards on stuff that isn't eligible for percentage off coupons and got a crapload of free stuff from Kohl's afterwards to finish up some gift shopping.  Heh.

I've also used the in store portal thing once, but the only eligible card I've got that isn't sock drawered is my BofA Cash Rewards card so many of the in-store deals either match Discover right now with Department Stores or are a little less.  I used the in-store deal at Petco, though, so it was a net gain. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.