cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score is 620 looking for a credit card.

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: fico score is 620 looking for a credit card.

I am confused.

Why are your scores only 620 if you have no baddies, 20% utilization, and only 3 inquiries?

Did you pull a recent copy of your CR?

Is that 620 score FAKO or FICO?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 36
murat
Contributor

my score is fico.i just pulled up here and it says short credit history.I dont know why.I got  my ssn about 2 years ago.i have a 300 orchard and 300 bof secured cards.

Message 22 of 36
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@murat wrote:

my score is fico.i just pulled up here and it says short credit history.I dont know why.I got  my ssn about 2 years ago.i have a 300 orchard and 300 bof secured cards.

Makes sure your UTIL is low and I would app for Cap1.  Seems to me that cap1 is getting better with CLI and they practically gave away unsecured card.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 23 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

@murat wrote:

It's impossible to have a score that low with perfect payment history and 20% utilization ratio. If I were you I would check my credit report to see if anything is being erroneously reported. Your FICO score should be approximately 100 points higher. 

Message 24 of 36
murat
Contributor

whats my score should be like?what would be my problem then?

Message 25 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

Perhaps take some screenshots of your credit report so we can help you identify the trouble spots? 

Message 26 of 36
murat
Contributor

if i ask bof to convert my secured cc to unsecured do you think they will do it?

Message 27 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

If your BofA card is near 1 year old and you have always paid in full, you'll have a good shot.

Message 28 of 36
murat
Contributor

i couldnt paid it off every month.it is little over 1 year.i owe 100 right now.

Message 29 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

You can still give it a try. If they don't grant your request, then pay off the balance and call again. 

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.