cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally approved for CHASE SLATE OR FREEDOM, what should I do!!??!

tag
dstew201
Regular Contributor

Re: finally approved for CHASE SLATE OR FREEDOM, what should I do!!??!

Blah!!!  I applied, and was approved!!  CL $3200!! Enough to free up my Discover IT for the double cashback!! Smiley Happy  It's a start!!   Back into the garden!!

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:

Blah!!!  I applied was approved!!  CL $3200!!

I knew you couldn't resist the temptation.  I don't get the "Blah!!!" comment, but congrats!

Message 12 of 27
dstew201
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dstew201 wrote:

I knew you couldn't resist the temptation.  I don't get the "Blah!!!" comment, but congrats!

The "Blah" is because I'm somewhat dissapointed in myself, I made a promise to stay in the garden for, at least, 1 year... and I didnt last 1 month! Smiley Sad  

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dstew201 wrote:

The "Blah" is because I'm somewhat dissapointed in myself, I made a promise to stay in the garden for, at least, 1 year... and I didnt last 1 month! Smiley Sad  

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!! Smiley Happy

Isn't the purpose of the garden to ensure you get approved and are not declined due to the number of inquiries or too many new accounts opened? 

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:

Been in the garden for all of 1 month, and ran a quick pre-qual, and both the Slate and Freedom pop up, finally got my foot in the door with chase (possibly?)...Are their prequals solid?????

Should I respond, or head back into the garden!!???!?!   

Does your credit profile and scores support a Slate or Freedom credit card or a you barely on the cusp of meeting the minimum criteria?  It's more imprtant to get a credit card with a nice SL and low APR than to just barely make it in the door. After you have evaluated your credit profile and asked yourself the tough questions, you will have your answer. Best of luck!

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dstew201 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Pretty solid prequals. What APR are they offering you?

Pretty crappy 22.9%! Smiley Sad But, I wanted to use the Slate for the BT... "IF" I got approved, I probably wouldnt get a high enough limit to move over the balance, anyway.   Oh well, back into the garden(???)..

I think it's likely that the high APR indicates it would be a low starting line. Garden is the place to be for a while longer.

+1,000

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@dstew201 wrote:

Been in the garden for all of 1 month, and ran a quick pre-qual, and both the Slate and Freedom pop up, finally got my foot in the door with chase (possibly?)...Are their prequals solid?????

Does your credit profile and scores support a Slate or Freedom credit card or a you barely on the cusp of meeting the minimum criteria?  It's more imprtant to get a credit card with a nice SL and low APR than to just barely make it in the door. After you have evaluated your credit profile and asked yourself the tough questions, you will have your answer. Best of luck!

He said he was already approved.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dstew201 wrote:

He said he was already approved.

I'm aware, but my points are still valid. Maybe if OP had gone back into the garden as Captool suggested, OP would have gotten a higher SL and better APR. Smiley Indifferent

To address your other comment...

The garden is not a quick fix to a mediocre credit profile. I am not saying you or the OP have a mediocre file. However, the longer you garden the better your profile gets assuming while gardening the person is maintaining positive credit habits.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:

Now to answer your question. I don't care about APR because I never carry a balance. I'm just in it for the sign up bonus and cash back rewards. So I wouldn't care even if I just "barely [made] it in the door." Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 27
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Very solid. Worked for me on the Freedom, wit a thin file

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.