cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

financial review, or pay stubs (but using household income from spouse)

tag
KillerCut
Established Member

financial review, or pay stubs (but using household income from spouse)

with the new rule from last year. say they ask for pay stubs or start a financial review, and I am between jobs at the moment, or actually self employed, can I provide my spouse's pay stubs?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: financial review, or pay stubs (but using household income from spouse)

@KillerCut wrote:

with the new rule from last year. say they ask for pay stubs or start a financial review, and I am between jobs at the moment, or actually self employed, can I provide my spouse's pay stubs?

Which lender? Is your spouse on the account? Do you file joint taxes? 

Are you self-employed or unemployed?

Message 2 of 7
KillerCut
Established Member

lets say alliant credit union. technically i will be self employed in like 2 weeks. I want to get their 0% 12months.

the rule kinda says they can generalize "Income" but they cannot specify "individual income". so technically i can use household income on any cc app right?

Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@KillerCut wrote:

lets say alliant credit union. technically i will be self employed in like 2 weeks. I want to get their 0% 12months.

the rule kinda says they can generalize "Income" but they cannot specify "individual income". so technically i can use household income on any cc app right?

What rule are you referring to? And when are you applying, while your are unemployed? What are you going write down as employer?

Message 4 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@KillerCut wrote:

What rule are you referring to? And when are you applying, while your are unemployed? What are you going write down as employer?

+1.

It's best to just wait for 2 more weeks, which really isn't a big deal. That way, you can legitimately state that you are self-employed. It's just safer to have your bases covered even though this may seem trivial.

As for income, it depends on whether you live in a community state, whether you file joint taxes, and what it is asking for on the app (household or personal income?).

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@KillerCut wrote:

with a place that is almost 100% a given you are going to have to prove the income I would not apply for them when you can't... not if you file jointly you might be able to get away with using spouses but usually then they want that spouse joint on the application.

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, I'm going to be faced with a similar situation (without anyone else's income that I can suggest is partially mine) and as self-employed (which won't be technically right in my case, sigh) you can always furnish your last two years tax returns; however, I'm not certain how that works if you are recently self-employed and your tax returns were of the standard W2-type corporate employee variety.

What I would suggest is to look into business cards such that you can keep your expenses (potentially deductable) rigorously seperate: it will make it much easier if you do ever have to go 12 rounds with the IRS... in my case I'll walk down the street and talk to Chase where I have my personal accounts about a Ink Cash card: given that it's a new business venture, likely isn't the same income verification requirements for a personally guarunteed card.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.