Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for anyone looking for a secure credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

for anyone looking for a secure credit card

http://www.bankrate.com/aol/rate/cc_ratehome.asp?prodtype=cc&product=cc&R1=1&card_type=Secured&card_class=All&cc_online=0&habouttype=C&cc_freq=1&cc_special=1
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Re: for anyone looking for a secure credit card

The BoA, Wells Fargo and US Bank are best options there. Local cu's are a good bet as well.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only problem i have with the Us Bank secured credit card is that they wont graduate your card to an unsecured credit card. If u have the card for a year and decide to app for the unsecured card you lose that whole year of history you got from the secured
Message 3 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I tried to app for US Bank and they said they do not have office in our state and they could not approve my app. I guess the bank has to have branches in the state before they can approve the secured card.
Message 4 of 11
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

concorduser wrote:
I tried to app for US Bank and they said they do not have office in our state and they could not approve my app. I guess the bank has to have branches in the state before they can approve the secured card.

Should've told them to change their name then Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with CitiBank.  After one year I got the deposit back with higher interest than the banks were giving at the time.  It's worth looking into.

Message 6 of 11
JeffWeico
Valued Member

I like Bank of America and Citibank... US Bank has some incredibly high fees.

I have applied for B of A, will also apply for Citi before 01/2008.

I just think that since the card is secured, the fees should not be unreasonable.

Jeff
Message 7 of 11
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Citi has a secured card?

Didn't know US bank secured sucked that bad.. heard they were a good one to bank with though. I'm eyeing their student card.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am partial to the 99/500 card with BofA.  If you can get it over the "fully" secured one.  They will graduate you right on time with good payment and I got an auto CLI after a year or so.
Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Citibank has a secured card???
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.