Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from TU 530 in May 2009 to Chase Sapphire Preferred approval at $10k yesterday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

from TU 530 in May 2009 to Chase Sapphire Preferred approval at $10k yesterday

Keep doing the work - it pays off!  They pulled Experian - currently at 716 with $8k reporting across 3 existing cards with combined cl's of $42k.  Decided to take a shot at the Sapphire Preferred based on the bonus offer and also knowing that just paying those other 3 cards down could bump me to the 740-760 range pretty quickly if I wanted to re-app.  Got the 10-day pending message (and that guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach for having possibly apped outside of my depth) then called the backdoor number last night and she said she could decision it on the spot.  Put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back with $10k approval!!

Read the boards.  FOLLOW the advice.  Focus on the process.  Celebrate and share.

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Lil_Me
New Contributor

Re: from TU 530 in May 2009 to Chase Sapphire Preferred approval at $10k yesterday

Wow that is fantastic! I can not wait until it's my time..... :-) but I'm happy for you!

10/3/2020 TU: 619, EP: 627, EQ: 613

Discover It $2200, /images.ctfassets.net/vrxttq978is8/6wscgyGnZ3KkFiyrWOJrO4/a8326124891622c78192fa5afe137103/New_Project__1_.png?w=1133&h=1000&q=50 “ height=”40” width=”50”> Avant $500, Credit One $600, One $400, /helzberg.com/media/icons/platinum-credit-card-170x106-opt.jpg “ height=”40” width=”50”> Helzberg $1000, Ann Taylor $500, VS $150, /www.ulta.com/static/images/footer_cc.png “ height=”40” width=”50”> Ulta $400, Amazon Prime $100, Cap 1 $450, Navy Federal $200

Gardening Mode!!!!
Message 2 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: from TU 530 in May 2009 to Chase Sapphire Preferred approval at $10k yesterday

Great story. These are good to us rebuilders Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!!  That is incredible.  I am so happy for you!!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

By FAR the best part of my rebuild was that I'd defaulted on 2 student loans and discovered the loan rehab offers that are available almost universally.  Called em up, got on a payment plan, automated the payments for about 18 months - then they orginiated as new loans in good standing but reported the original loan origination date giving me essentially 2 15 yr+ tradelines reporting in good standing in place of 2 defaulted loans - complete and utter game changer.

For those of you who have lots to fix - if student loans are part of the problem - that's the place to start.

Message 5 of 12
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I have 2 questions for you.

What back door number did you call?

Can you elaborate on the student loan rehab program, please. I need to set something like that up for mu wife who has some bad old student loans.

Message 6 of 12
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By FAR the best part of my rebuild was that I'd defaulted on 2 student loans and discovered the loan rehab offers that are available almost universally.  Called em up, got on a payment plan, automated the payments for about 18 months - then they orginiated as new loans in good standing but reported the original loan origination date giving me essentially 2 15 yr+ tradelines reporting in good standing in place of 2 defaulted loans - complete and utter game changer.

For those of you who have lots to fix - if student loans are part of the problem - that's the place to start.

I went through loan rehab and mine are actually paid off now.  The lenders updated to paid as agreed but the servicing company is saying they don't have to.  Were you able to get the servicing company to update as well?

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 7 of 12
UpNComing
Established Contributor

RussianPassion are your wifes student loans through Dept of Ed?  My wife did the rehab program with them.  She simply called and set up a repayment program to catch up her arrears.  Once she paid up they updated her report to paid as agreed.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 8 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep doing the work - it pays off!  Equifax is currently at 716 with $8k reporting across 3 existing cards with combined cl's of $42k.  Decided to take a shot at the Sapphire Preferred based on the bonus offer and also knowing that just paying those other 3 cards down could bump me to the 740-760 range pretty quickly if I wanted to re-app.  Got the 10-day pending message (and that guily feeling in the pit of my stomach for having possibly apped outside of my depth) then called the backdoor number last night and she said she could decision it on the spot.  Put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back with $10k approval!!

Read the boards.  FOLLOW the advice.  Focus on the process.  Celebrate and share.

Smiley Happy

How many inquiries did you have?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 12
getahead
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep doing the work - it pays off!  Equifax is currently at 716 with $8k reporting across 3 existing cards with combined cl's of $42k.  Decided to take a shot at the Sapphire Preferred based on the bonus offer and also knowing that just paying those other 3 cards down could bump me to the 740-760 range pretty quickly if I wanted to re-app.  Got the 10-day pending message (and that guily feeling in the pit of my stomach for having possibly apped outside of my depth) then called the backdoor number last night and she said she could decision it on the spot.  Put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back with $10k approval!!

Smiley Happy

Love it!! Congrats!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.