Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting my own PENFED card

tag
Jazzytimes
Valued Member

getting my own PENFED card

Remember the guy whose wife is getting 20k from penfed. I can only see this CL in my dreams. you guys have opened my eyes tremendously. I don't post very often, but i spend a great deal of time reading.

I only have two cards personally: Macys and Capital uno. AU on my wife's multitude of cards. I feel the need for another good card

I have so much work to do before even thinking of app. for my own penfed card. long way to go, but i know I will get there with your help. I know I can't make it on my own so I am putting my shame to the side and post my low to the ground scores for all to see. they were much worse. I wrote numerous letters and got a few deletion so i can get this far. thanks for all your help.
Your Latest FICO® Scores Offical FICO Score Seal TransUnionDate: 6/26/2008
EquifaxDate: 6/25/2008
ExperianDate: 6/26/2008

Your Equifax FICO® score: 657

On June 25, 2008

Your Equifax FICO® score is not good

Understanding Your FICO® Score

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: getting my own PENFED card

I give you a lot of respect.  The first step in the credit reconstruction process is to acknowledge that there is a problem and that you realize that it needs to be fixed.  One of the biggest reasons a lot of people are afraid to take the first step is because they let their shame hold them back. 

It takes a lot of courage to throw everything out there like you have.

I wish you the best of luck and encouragment in your journey to credit reconstruction success!
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Good for you! Trust me most of us have been there and some of us still there. I've been on here since Dec 07 and your scores are better than mines. I've realized to be patient because rebuilding good credit takes time and patience. But I pay on time each month and I'm far more informed because of these forums.I'm sure if you got your utilization down you'd see a nice rise in your scores and will be a Penfeder on your own in no time. Good luck with everything.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

aftermath wrote:
I give you a lot of respect.  The first step in the credit reconstruction process is to acknowledge that there is a problem and that you realize that it needs to be fixed.  One of the biggest reasons a lot of people are afraid to take the first step is because they let their shame hold them back. 

It takes a lot of courage to throw everything out there like you have.

I wish you the best of luck and encouragment in your journey to credit reconstruction success!

I agree. I couldn't have said it better, so I echo what aftermath said.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I commend you as well, Jazzytimes, for airing your "dirty laundry," so to speak.  Most of us on this forum have been there and done that, so you have nothing to fear in that respect.

Having said that, your scores are really not that bad.  Your EX score in particular is actually pretty good.  OK, so they're not "$20K CL with Penfed" good, but you are definitely well on your way.  You have a good idea of you need to do, and that's half the battle.

Good luck in your repair and rebuilding endeavors!

As always, let any of us know if you need any help or guidance along the way.

Message 5 of 6
oracles
Valued Contributor

i am really proud of you jazzy and with hard work and patience, you will definitely succeed.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.