Did you mean: 

getting the itch to app for NFCU navcheck, autoloan and credit card

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: getting the itch to app for NFCU navcheck, autoloan and credit card

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

CUs use same pull for 30-90 days depending on who they are.

NO.

Navy pulls a new Credit Pull for EACH product that you apply for.

Credit Card and NavCheck operate in different departments also.

How much debt are we talking about?

if you currently have small limits, like under $2k and that represents your 80% util I would say apply for the credit card now.... if you have high limits like $10-$15k and you are at 80% util. I would wait for the payments and reduced util. to update.

Really , a place I would avoid even if I was eligible, all CUs I associate with are 30-90 for one pull on any product.

Message 11 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

CUs use same pull for 30-90 days depending on who they are.

NO.

Navy pulls a new Credit Pull for EACH product that you apply for.

Credit Card and NavCheck operate in different departments also.

How much debt are we talking about?

if you currently have small limits, like under $2k and that represents your 80% util I would say apply for the credit card now.... if you have high limits like $10-$15k and you are at 80% util. I would wait for the payments and reduced util. to update.

Really , a place I would avoid even if I was eligible, all CUs I associate with are 30-90 for one pull on any product.

haha, since they don't care about INQ's and give out the credit lines and rates they do... I associate!

I tried to go over to Logix CU that uses same pull for everything but they seem to have a bad habit of overturning their computer approvals! I dislike bad human interactions!!

Message 12 of 43
jht2
Contributor

I use 3 different credit union including navy fed now and the first two use the same pull up to 90 days however they cannot touch what navy Federal can offer

Message 13 of 43
jht2
Contributor

I paid 4 credit cards off....left one credit card with a $25 balance and have 3 splitting the remaining $3600 left to pay

Message 14 of 43
jht2
Contributor

Plus I was promoted hence the sudden urge to app...I'm on a emotionally happy high right now lol

Message 15 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jht2 wrote:

I paid 4 credit cards off....left one credit card with a $25 balance and have 3 splitting the remaining $3600 left to pay

If you are not at 0% I would apply for Navy now and take advantage of the 2.9% NOW!

Message 16 of 43
jht2
Contributor

Which card is doing the 2.9 BT? Because the 3 remaining cards with balances are Target, Amazon and Barclays NFL points cards and the interest is from 17% to 22%. The card I had to pay off right away was the Sears card with that crazy 25% interest.

Message 17 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jht2 wrote:

Which card is doing the 2.9 BT? Because the 3 remaining cards with balances are Target, Amazon and Barclays NFL points cards and the interest is from 17% to 22%. The card I had to pay off right away was the Sears card with that crazy 25% interest.

all of them.

when navy does the BT offers they extend it to all account current and new that are open and opened.

Message 18 of 43
jht2
Contributor

Alrighty then the DW will not like this but heck what she doesnt know won't hurt? Here goes nothing! 

Message 19 of 43
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha!! Good luck!!
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.