Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got a boa email for a cli with no hp, but I screwed it up

tag
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

got a boa email for a cli with no hp, but I screwed it up

So I got a pre-selected cli email offer from boa. All I had to do was fill in my current income. Well when typing it in I didn't count the zeros and put 12,100 instead of 121,000. Well I realized it after I sent it, and of course there is no fixing that one. I got the we'll contact you message.
I called and spoke to customer service and because that was a preselected offer, they can't fix it. They could get me a cli with a hp, but that's it. They denoted my account so that they wont take adverse action with my 12,100 income, but i'll have to wait for the probable denial I'll be sent about the botched cli. Any ideas on how to fix this one and get what I had coming to me. My boa card was at 15k and is 10 years old. My fico from the boa site is 817.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: got a boa email for a cli with no hp, but I screwed it up

IMO, I would call again after you get the letter.  With that score and income you should already be at 25/30k.  Good luck!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id say more like 50k but i hope they would extend a longtime cliente with amazing score and income the courtesy. Perhaps a supervisor can make the excemption as how can one fault an easy error, specially if on a smart(not so) phoneSmiley Wink.
Message 3 of 11
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I'll probably try them again once I get my denial.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA has HP'd me 3 times in the last month they're so trigger happy on that. They actually did a HP JUST to move a portion of my credit limit from Cash Rewards Card to Travel Rewards Card. Chase does this like it's nothing no hard or soft pull it's your credit why does it matter exactly which card it's on?

Anyways good luck OP
Message 5 of 11
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Got the same email and an instant $3,000 increase with a sp just by updating my income. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longclimbback wrote:
So I got a pre-selected cli email offer from boa. All I had to do was fill in my current income. Well when typing it in I didn't count the zeros and put 12,100 instead of 121,000. Well I realized it after I sent it, and of course there is no fixing that one. I got the we'll contact you message.
I called and spoke to customer service and because that was a preselected offer, they can't fix it. They could get me a cli with a hp, but that's it. They denoted my account so that they wont take adverse action with my 12,100 income, but i'll have to wait for the probable denial I'll be sent about the botched cli. Any ideas on how to fix this one and get what I had coming to me. My boa card was at 15k and is 10 years old. My fico from the boa site is 817.

If you're really concerned about AA over the typo, call the Senior Credit Analyst back door number. They should be able to see the request.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
BOA has HP'd me 3 times in the last month they're so trigger happy on that. They actually did a HP JUST to move a portion of my credit limit from Cash Rewards Card to Travel Rewards Card. Chase does this like it's nothing no hard or soft pull it's your credit why does it matter exactly which card it's on?

Anyways good luck OP

I would call the back door number for Senior Credit Analyst (SCA) to confirm it's supposed to be a HP. I recently moved credit limit between two cards via CS and it was a SP.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautifulblaquepearl- Ours were business cards not sure of that makes a difference but either way they've already done the pulls and points were lost.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Beautifulblaquepearl- Ours were business cards not sure of that makes a difference but either way they've already done the pulls and points were lost.

I would still call to verify that it's a HP.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.