Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtefcu credit card

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

gtefcu credit card

Any members have this card. i just applied the other day and since my equifax was frozen they called me and ask me to unfreeze it. which i complied.

got approved for 5k. however. i noticed they are not using a fico score.

they pulled eq. but it also shows transunion on the t and c.

it said score ranges from 343 low to 818 highest.

i ranged a 661.

not sure what that means.

my eq fico is 663 but my transunion is 706. not sure where the number came from. for sure no mention of a fico.

anyway. i get another call today from a rep. advisinge me no balance transfer fees.

interest rate i got was 9.99 percent. although the lowest is 6.99 percent. i told her i had 4 accounts i could put on there and she said. send her my last statement from each account. now i have made payments on every account since then. and most of the statements does not have my account numbers. as they are blocked out.

Rep then called me back on phone. said she contacted all the lenders and got my current balances. and sent checks out to them already. How in the hell when i never gave her the account numbers. im not mad. just curious this is awesome service. for a small credit union. any one else know them. let me know.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: gtefcu credit card

Possible older model scoring system or internal score? Because 40 points is quite a large gap imo. Also I does a CR list or say account numbers? I never really look too closely at mine so I wouldn't know for sure. But maybe Thats how? Or the lenders gave out your account number after two verified your identity with them? I think that would be a little scary but interesting how she got all the transfers done.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of CUs use internal scoring models with weird ranges.  I know NFCU does

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the rep just called the other creditors and said "i wanna pay John Doe's bill". The other creditors were like "You wanna give us money? Ok."

Don't forget that both the CU and your other banks have your SSN
Message 4 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes i thought about it after. she must have given social to get the information. if they are like this now. i wonder what when i go for my car loan in june. this is who i will use.

Message 5 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats taxi. They denied me with 765 Fico for new accts.
Message 6 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

My god. were you already a member.? 

Message 7 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, they grilled me on why someone in CA wanted to join a CU in FL. I said they had a better reputation than the CUs out here. So the membership was approved and I spoke to them about opening a card. They will use the same pull if its within 30 days. She said I just had far too much credit available and it was too new.
Message 8 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Yes, they grilled me on why someone in CA wanted to join a CU in FL. I said they had a better reputation than the CUs out here. So the membership was approved and I spoke to them about opening a card. They will use the same pull if its within 30 days. She said I just had far too much credit available and it was too new.

Very weird. I got 16 new accounts in a year. Also 14 inquiries on eq. But I've been member 14 months. Had a signature loan that I paid off in 6 months. So maybe that helped. I know it said instant approval in the loan section for credit card. Only reason I apped is my brother got 15k. Then they changed it to 6 k as he misstated his income. They ask for monthly. Not annual. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Very weird. I got 16 new accounts in a year. Also 14 inquiries on eq. But I've been member 14 months. Had a signature loan that I paid off in 6 months. So maybe that helped. I know it said instant approval in the loan section for credit card. Only reason I apped is my brother got 15k. Then they changed it to 6 k as he misstated his income. They ask for monthly. Not annual. 

I wonder what'd they say for me with 659 EQ FICO..

I can spare an inquiry.

Ugh. Stop tempting me!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.