Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

happy birthday Amex Delta

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: happy birthday Amex Delta

Congrats Timothy...Smiley Happy I nevevr got my Delta Card from Amex. I guess I can not join your Delta Card League...Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 25
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I'm such an Amex DG slacker..

As of Friday my card had about 19.5k miles -- 15k out of the gate, which means I've spent diddly on it since Sept 07. 

I guess I should start planning the party -- I don't want all of the good venues to be booked before 'we' get a chance.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 12 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Timothy, when did they post the next year's fee for the Delta, and was it immediately charged? (if that makes sense)

My Gold's birthday is on March 18, and I'd like to pick up a revolver, and then cancel the Gold. The trick is that my last 30 (ever!) hits two years on March 1, and I'd like to wait for that, but I don't want to try to fine-tune it so tightly that I wind up getting charged for next year on the Gold.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 25
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Timothy, when did they post the next year's fee for the Delta, and was it immediately charged? (if that makes sense)

My Gold's birthday is on March 18, and I'd like to pick up a revolver, and then cancel the Gold. The trick is that my last 30 (ever!) hits two years on March 1, and I'd like to wait for that, but I don't want to try to fine-tune it so tightly that I wind up getting charged for next year on the Gold.

Very good question HTSU -- I'm curious about this as well.  I'm trying to decide if I should stay with the DG or attempt to switch to Blue Sky.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Statement should post today- I'll let you know.
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is confusing- I was expecting a $40 AF because I have a Green. However- the way I read this they will be only charging me $30?

Renewal Notice

Please refer to page 2 for further important information regarding your account

Your membership renews next month. The following account terms are in effect at time of renewal, unless otherwise indicated.

Annual Fee:

The annual Basic Card fee is $30.00. The annual fee is increased by $5.00 if the billing address of the account is outside of the US. The annual Basic fee is $95.00 unless you have a Qualifying Charge Card Product (as defined in your Cardmember Agreement), in which case the annual fee is $40.00. You may avoid paying this annual fee by discontinuing your membership by calling the Customer Service telephone number listed on Page 2 when you receive the statement in which the annual fee is billed.

Grace Period:

20 days for Purchases if the previous balance shown on each billing statement is paid in full by each respective due date.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is very confusing!  On the AMEX website, the only reference to a $30 fee associated with the Green card is for an additional card:

Basic Card: $95
Additional Card: $30 for up to five Additional Cards and $30 for each Additional Card after the first five.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:
That is very confusing!  On the AMEX website, the only reference to a $30 fee associated with the Green card is for an additional card:

Additional Card: $30 for up to five Additional Cards and $30 for each Additional Card after the first five.

I think this is Timothy's Delta Skymiles card, not his Green.  Regular Gold Delta Skymiles AF is $95, unless you have a carge card like a Green, in which case it's only $40.  It seems they're only charging $30 for the Skymiles card, though, which is odd.

I agree that the wording is confusing.  Maybe the wording of this notice hasn't been updated since they increased the Delta Skymiles AF from $85/$30 to $95/$40.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is on my DELTA statement-

psychic wrote:

Message 19 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that the wording is confusing. Maybe the wording of this notice hasn't been updated since they increased the Delta Skymiles AF from $85/$30 to $95/$40.

This is the most convincing explanation I've seen.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.