Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone downgraded from a siggy?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

has anyone downgraded from a siggy?

hey guys, was discussing on an other thread about downgrading from a signature card so that the CL would be reported, since BOA refuses to do so on thier siggys,

has anyone done this before? was it a smooth change? same CL? same account number? ect. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

Re: has anyone downgraded from a siggy?

@slap_happy wrote:

hey guys, was discussing on an other thread about downgrading from a signature card so that the CL would be reported, since BOA refuses to do so on thier siggys,

has anyone done this before? was it a smooth change? same CL? same account number? ect. 

I did this with my BofA the day after I applied. I was approved with a CL of $6,000, which was an automatic Visa Siggy.  I learned from here that the credit limit didn't report and I wanted it to, so I called in and they converted it, no problem.  I was able to use my signature card. I had no issue what-so-ever.

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 2 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Yes, downgraded to Platinum Plus, everything else stayed same, and was very smooth. However, took a few weeks for conversion to be final, and new card received. CL started reporting on subsequent statement.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 6
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

well thanks very much for the info, I guess I will give them a call in the am. as long as the CL stays the same then Im all for it.

Message 4 of 6
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Just thought I throw this in..  I didn't downgrade mine.  I asked them and they said they could split it into 2 cards so that's what I did.  So now I have a BofA TR (siggy) with 5k and another BofA BBR (MC) with another 5k (the original siggy has a 10k CL).

Btw, their luv button works like a charm every time. lol

Message 5 of 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@jlfce1 wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

I did this with my BofA the day after I applied. I was approved with a CL of $6,000, which was an automatic Visa Siggy.  I learned from here that the credit limit didn't report and I wanted it to, so I called in and they converted it, no problem.  I was able to use my signature card. I had no issue what-so-ever.

Did you try to see if the signature perks still worked afterwards?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.