cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has no late pay late payment for due dates when the bank closed is effect yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

has no late pay late payment for due dates when the bank closed is effect yet?

my cap due dat this is my statement is the second , Which I setup a payment the statement balance on the due date, I have had a late fee posted yet
Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 11-26-2009 05:21 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: has no late pay late payment for due dates when the bank closed is effect yet?

I just call cap1 and they said my due date is 28th so my payment set on the 27th is ok I think the program that spits out statements just adds 25 days from the statement date

Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: has no late pay late payment for due dates when the bank closed is effect yet?

Not sure what you're saying. Do you mean that when the statement posted/ was printed, they didn't have a due date? Weirder and weirder...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think she is saying the bill was due on the 2nd..she (maybe he) paid in on the 2nd and was charged a late fee.  Probably didn't post until the 3rd.  I actually had this happen to me in the past. Lesson learned.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

my statement was nov was the 2nd and the due was the 27th , on the 3rd I setup a to pay the balance on the 27th

and I loged on today find my payment NOT being proceesed I could edit /cancel

yikes I called and to find the real due date is the 28th as it should be, online even showed the 27th

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's pretty spooky.

It's for reasons like this that I would set an auto-pay at least 5 days before the due date. I have a hard enough time growing out my fingernails without having to chew them off, waiting for a payment to process.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Slightly OT but I had a $31 Chevron balance post to my CR because I set the payment date to the 26th and the Statement drop date was the 27th which they acknowledged on the statement but reported the balance anyway.  They stated the the payment takes 48 hours to post on the account.  I always try to pat the balance when its posts but this time I used it too close to the statement date.

I also agree to the 5 day payment before due date even on line payments. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.