Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have one or more accounts to increase my credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

have one or more accounts to increase my credit score

HI All ,

I am new to the USA, I came in March, I opened an checking account with Fargo, after two months I applied for a credit card and I was approved with a line of credit of $ 500 but  every month I pay the whole card. I hooked up a new Job with an annual income of $50,000, my score by TransUnion was 677 and by Equifax 690.

In August I wanted to take a car by leasing or by financing, so I had to do a lot of queries in my credit score (6 worries), but each time the system forbids me with a credit score of 0 or credit history insufficient.
For a week, I called the credit card service, to increase my limit and I was approved for $1400. Also I received a pre-qualification of Capitalone for a platinum card of $ 500. Also I received a pre-qualification letter from Credit One for a $1500 as line limit credit card.
My question to the experts here :  the fact that I want to work on my credit score so you advice me to accept these two cards and therefore have 3 accounts in my credit, or keep a single card and work on a single card.
thanks for your advices

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: have one or more accounts to increase my credit score

Three cards. Pay two to a zero balance each month while letting the third card report a balance of less than 9% of available credit.
Message 2 of 23
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I think you can probably go ahead with Capital One and expect to be approved.

Stay away from Credit One. They're horrible, and you don't need them. You already have a card that's better.

Message 3 of 23
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats making it to USA m8

Message 4 of 23
Caleb87
New Contributor

You should have 3 cqrds for ideal mix but NOT credit one. Capital one is fine. Credit one is not. Do a forum search and read. They are horrible
Message 5 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the US snd the forum . Dont go for the Credit One. You've already got a WF and the Cap One is a good place to start. If you are interested in a 3rd card, you might check out Discover as they like thin files. Best of luck and thanks for asking advice first before jumping in feet first Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes that's what I think to do.

@Anonymous wrote:
Three cards. Pay two to a zero balance each month while letting the third card report a balance of less than 9% of available credit.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I think you can probably go ahead with Capital One and expect to be approved.

Stay away from Credit One. They're horrible, and you don't need them. You already have a card that's better.

I got the new card this morning and i was approved for $500

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caleb87 wrote:
You should have 3 cqrds for ideal mix but NOT credit one. Capital one is fine. Credit one is not. Do a forum search and read. They are horrible

Thanks a lot for your advice 

Message 9 of 23
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can ignore those 2 scores. According to your first post you came to America in March and got your first card in May. That means you won't have an actual Fico score until November at the earliest because you have to have 6 months of history for a score to be calculated.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.