cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have you appd online for JCP and got a low limit...(read this if so)

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: have you appd online for JCP and got a low limit...(read this if so)

maybe i should have waited until this morning, the person i got sounded like she hated her job and didnt want to be there she wasnt very friendly, i said with my credit score i think my cl should be more than $150, she put me on hold, heck they didnt even have hold music then she came back and said no it couldnt be increased..i asked why she said she didnt know it didnt tell her due to privacy act. i said i had tried online before and the letter said it was bc i had to establish a 4 month pymt history which i have i usually pay twice a month and i've had the card since sept..i asked when i get the letter is there anyone i can call and talk to it about she said i could call and ask for a supverisor..any ideas what i should do???
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 11 of 25
SWISSOATL
Contributor

They gave me $500 but Belk gave me $200. I may need to call them! lol then again they were both preapprovals
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

can v get cli in stores also? great..
dw got a hd cc recently with 500 cl, with a preapproved offer.
in the mean time her score gone up
can v ask cli now with a csr or from a hd store?
if in store how and where ? at the checkout counters ??

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my JCP cc. It was a Godsend for me for both this past Christmas buying season and the year before. Here's my story...........

in November 2006, I applied online. Was approved for $300 cl. Used it for Christmas shopping. Maxed it out...pif'd immediately. Did that cycle twice.

Then low and behold out of the clear blue, I got Their gold card and they raised my cl to $1,000(the cli occured in Jan. 2007.

During 2007 used it several times during the year(mainly to buy things from Sephora, which I love). In October, 2007 I hit the "lovebutton" online to request a cli. They approved. The cl is now $1,500, AND they sent me their platinum card(what ever that means).

I believe they graduate you if you run up the cl and pif it a few times.

From what I've heard Macy's behaves in the same manner. But Macy's is more stingy in granting cl's, IMO.
Message 14 of 25
SWISSOATL
Contributor

CONGRATS!!!! SO DO U HAVE TO MAINTAIN THAT SPENDING AMOUNT THO?
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 15 of 25
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

this is my situation from yesterday..what should i do now?

maybe i should have waited until this morning, the person i got sounded like she hated her job and didnt want to be there she wasnt very friendly, i said with my credit score i think my cl should be more than $150, she put me on hold, heck they didnt even have hold music then she came back and said no it couldnt be increased..i asked why she said she didnt know it didnt tell her due to privacy act. i said i had tried online before and the letter said it was bc i had to establish a 4 month pymt history which i have i usually pay twice a month and i've had the card since sept..i asked when i get the letter is there anyone i can call and talk to it about she said i could call and ask for a supverisor..any ideas what i should do???
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bamagirl maybe you can give it another few weeks seem like you are at your 4 month mark this month and see if anything changes
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SWISSOATL wrote:
CONGRATS!!!! SO DO U HAVE TO MAINTAIN THAT SPENDING AMOUNT THO?

I "think" it's based on the total $'s you spend with them in a years time. After the Christmas shopping season of 2006, I used the card rarely, and when I did, only put like $75 or so on it, then pif'd BEFORE the due date, to avoid any interest.

When I got the final $500 cli, I had a zero balance, and had not charged anything on it since late spring/early summer of 2007.
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

bama, don't get discourage honey. Just let the card age a bit, use it a LOT, then pif it. NEVER go over the credit limit, and always pay well before due date.

What are your FICO scores? That may be a determining factor of granting/denying you credit.
Message 19 of 25
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

not 100% sure, but the letter before said have to establish a 4 mo pymt history, i've had it since sept and pay usually twice a month to pay it off in full usually each mo

..i know my fako but not fico scores, are fico usually higher than fako or it is it the other way around? do you think i should call back or just leave it be? or should i charge to $150 limit and then pay it off?
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.