tag
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Re: high interest rates.....

@Uniqua wrote:
LOL. Some of you are so funny.

@notmyname wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Mark, we've not heard a facts based post from you yet. Why are you spreading all this bogus data around here?

Less than half of what I read here is fact base.........why would you single out one person ?

N

You have a great sense of humor..............good contribution to the forum.

N

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I don't think they are trying to target him, I think they are pretty right on. Mark seems to be posting a lot of information and pulling these minimally needed fico scores out of the air. Take a gander in the mortgage forum and you'll see what i am talking about. We can all have our opinions, but when you make several posts suggesting that there are no banks that will offer a low interest rate based on a certain score, or that anyone with a score below "X" should not be able to buy a home, and say it so matter of factly, it gets pretty old!
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I did not intend to offend anyone, so I will not be posting anything else in the FICO forums, sheesh

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I did not intend to offend anyone, so I will not be posting anything else in the FICO forums, sheesh

It doesn't need to be like that Mark, but sometimes you may want to think before you post certain things. Especially, the way you phrase it.  I think the way you speak just sounds so matter of fact and if you do a search around here you'll see that a lot of people on here have been able to achieve many of the things you make appear to be impossible. While I am one for speaking the truth and even sometimes when it's not what someone may want to hear, some of the things I have read that you posted just make it appear so black and white and in reality, that is not the case.

When someone is posting for help, and there may be an option available to them, it kinda sucks when someone comes along and puts the kabosh (spelling?) on it right off the bat.  If you carry a balance on your cards and you get rate jacked to interest rates in the 20%+ range, it's nearly impossible to make any headway unless you come into a lump sum of money. This is obviously a big issue for this poster. The longer this goes on, the lower their ficos scores are likely to get. Scores will likely go down, not up, especially when the added interest makes it hard to keep up with payments and in this credit climate creditors are chasing balances down which tanks fico scores.

So you see, it't simply not a good idea to sit around and wait for scores to go up, when that's not likely to happen. Additionally, many of us consistently get offers from our current creditors to do 0% or very low interest balance transfers. They are out there.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 11-03-2008 12:33 PM
Message 14 of 22
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I feel you, Mark. So therefore, I double that "sheesh." Funny, but no offense taken. Now where in the heck are you going? GET BACK HERE! 

Don't have me come looking for you! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a nice person and wouldn't want to hurt anybody but bull**bleep** is bull**bleep** and this place is absolutely critical for many of the people who come here. I've heard things here that are not intirely accurate but almost all post are stirring down the right road and the basic idea is passed along well enough.

I have a fantastic life outside this forum but I can still truly say that in all reality this forum has been life changing and I'd bet my bottom dollar most people who come here and put to practice the things they learn here feel the same way to some greater or lesser degree.

Don't run off Mark, just listen to how bright these folks are.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News!  I applied for the Capital One and was approved!  I don't know how long the 0% apr will be, they said "up to 12 months".  Its a start.

Again thanks for the help.

Message 17 of 22
notmyname
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good News!  I applied for the Capital One and was approved!  I don't know how long the 0% apr will be, they said "up to 12 months".  Its a start.

WOW..........I am very happy for you.

NMN

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. That's great!
Message 19 of 22
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@notmyname wrote:

@Uniqua wrote:
LOL. Some of you are so funny.

@notmyname wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Mark, we've not heard a facts based post from you yet. Why are you spreading all this bogus data around here?

Less than half of what I read here is fact base.........why would you single out one person ?

N

You have a great sense of humor..............good contribution to the forum.

N

Wow!  Thanx, notmyname.  That was very nice of you to say.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.