cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home depot credit card question

tag

home depot credit card question

i am needing some advice. i have a home depot credit card that i got to get a grill 7 months ago. i got the card for 12 months no interest, and that was the only reason i got the card. i paid the grill off in about 3 months and now have this credit card that i have no intention of using. will this hurt my credit score if i have the card active and probably will only use it on rare occassions? just wanted to get some advice on this. thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: home depot credit card question

@lookingforadvice86 wrote:

i am needing some advice. i have a home depot credit card that i got to get a grill 7 months ago. i got the card for 12 months no interest, and that was the only reason i got the card. i paid the grill off in about 3 months and now have this credit card that i have no intention of using. will this hurt my credit score if i have the card active and probably will only use it on rare occassions? just wanted to get some advice on this. thanks

It wont hurt your score by leaving it open in fact it helps by showing as an open account and aging not to mention you never know when you'll need it again

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

CITI's HD store card tend to be very generous with CLI's so I would venture to request a CLI if you havent gotten one at 6 months and it would help your overall UTI. Plus if it doesnt have an AF so SD it!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1.

Keep it!

Buy a bottle of water every six months

Get a $10k+ limit.

Watch your FICO soar with this lovely tradeline.

I rarely use my $12k Lowe's card, but it's a three year old tradeline, which undoubtedly helps my score!!!:-)
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 6
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Keep it and love the cl later on.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 6
LesWH
Established Contributor

HD is awesome when it comes to CLIs!! They auto increased me to $11,000!!  That's a big help for utilization!  Keep it!  There is no down side to having it!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.