Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hotel booking w/ an amex card and amex deals

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

hotel booking w/ an amex card and amex deals

Ever since I learned that any cards on amex network can take advantage of deals, i checked those deals every now and then. 

I am going to travel soon, so I have a quick question. 

i saw the 30% off from booking hotels via amex. my question is that the price that i saw on the site is the original price or the price that is already discounted??

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hotel booking w/ an amex card and amex deals

That's actually a good question, I am interested myself. I wanted to compare their price to mariott.com and AMEX's price was about 15% more. I'm curious to how that would work with the low price guarantee they have...

Message 2 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

i think that the price was already reflected the discount. I tried to book one until the end. the price still shows as what i saw on the website + tax and fees.

So.... 

kinda disappointed.. lol

Message 3 of 10
IWOL
Established Contributor

I think what you are talking about requires having an AMEX card from Centurion bank and a login to the Amex website.

I dont think you can get that deal with the Fidelity Amex and maybe that is why it is not showing the 30% discount.

I could be wrong too

Message 4 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If you're talking about where it shows in amex offers for you (if you book through amextravel.com/hotel30 or whatever the link is) i believe you get the discount credited back to you in the form of a statement credit. That is how the rest of my amex offers have worked at least. 

Not sure if the fidelity amex counts for those though. 

Message 5 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

If you're talking about where it shows in amex offers for you (if you book through amextravel.com/hotel30 or whatever the link is) i believe you get the discount credited back to you in the form of a statement credit. That is how the rest of my amex offers have worked at least. 

Not sure if the fidelity amex counts for those though. 

I doubt that they credit you back. All other offers I have used before (stating that plum in $30 in mobile and get $5 back, or spend $5+ in Dunkin Donuts get $5 back) indeed applied as statement credit but it WAS stated on the terms. On this travel deals, it didn't say that the account will be credited the 30% off price. So I certainly doubt it. Maybe fidelity amex doesn't count on this one but it did work with other offers before. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried going to the hotel's website and check what would be their real regular rate so you could compare it with the Amex offer?

Message 7 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

After poking around, only some hotels are elligible for this, and it looks like those ones display the discount for you

Screenshot 2014-09-11 at 9.03.10 PM.png

Just like that. 

I know that isn't 30% off, but I assume that is what is happening here. 

Message 8 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@jsucool

That's what I thought too!

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Ever since I learned that any cards on amex network can take advantage of deals,

AmEx Offers are only available to cards issued by Centurion Bank (AmEx).  AmEx network includes a number of cards processed via AmEx (and issued by other creditors) that are not eligible.

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Maybe fidelity amex doesn't count on this one but it did work with other offers before. 

Always read the terms for details.  If you're referring to this:

https://www.amextravel.com/hotel_offers/hotel30

The terms state:

Eligible purchases are travel purchases, excluding car reservations, non-prepaid hotels, and Fine Hotels & Resorts and The Hotel Collection bookings, booked through amextravel.com on your Membership Rewards program-enrolled American Express® Card.

There are no MR cards that are not Centurion-issued.  Even Centurion-issued cards aren't all MR cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

That's actually a good question, I am interested myself. I wanted to compare their price to mariott.com and AMEX's price was about 15% more. I'm curious to how that would work with the low price guarantee they have...

Terms also state what qualifies for the low rate guarantee.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.